When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best value on V2 Ploprof?

andreww

Been a couple of years now since I've purchased a new rep and I'm starting to get the itch again. I'm looking for a V2 Ploprof with an Asian ETA and Orange strap. I see Josh sells them for $308 but there must be someone selling them cheaper? Any suggestions?

have you considered the "V 1.5" ??..>>

it only lacks the functioning bezel lock, 2 piece back, and V2 clasp...

And...It has the superior V-1 bezel, and no pesky blue tinged AR to deal with..

and you can get one with the very decent functioning 21j movement for @ $150.!!

My 21j keeps time @ -5sec/ day CONSISTENTLY, and if I place it face down at night, it's almost dead on!!

As a "niche" watch, rather than one to be worn exclusively, IMNSFHO, spending big $$'s on one isn't wise.

IMG_2093.jpg

Here's mine on a generic black military rubber from Modena Watch..

and BTW, the crystal IS a 1 piece sapphire not the laminated mess on the early models.

I really am considering that option. My only issue with the V1.5 is the non functioning bezel lock as you know the first question anybody will ask is "what does that big orange button do?". I am really starting to consider it though as shelling out over $300 for a non-chrono, Asian movement is kind of rubbing me the wrong way.

I really am considering that option. My only issue with the V1.5 is the non functioning bezel lock as you know the first question anybody will ask is "what does that big orange button do?". I am really starting to consider it though as shelling out over $300 for a non-chrono, Asian movement is kind of rubbing me the wrong way.

My answer to the orange button thingy:

Simply say:"It's a bezel lock button", then push it down and turn the bezel..."see..??"..!!

IMNSFHO, having a functional button would be more of a PITA...I'm certainly not taking it diving (hint...I got my open water SCUBA certification @ 40+ yrs ago!!), so having a non locking bezel is a PLUS with me!!

And expecting an Asian "clone" of a Swiss movement, to automatically be superior to a regular 2813, from most likely the same factory is the stuff dreams are made from!! ("Trusted dealer's" dreams!!)

In case you do go for it(A2813), remember not to get it wet. This model apparently still has the 2 piece sapphire-mineral laminate. That is the only thing holding me back from picking it up,am considering the V2 ultimate instead. I'd rather spend a bit more and have peace of mind than spend a bit less and have the glass fog up on me and wonder how to get it replaced.

And I hear those crystals are a pain in the ass to replace, they're shoved in that tight.

In case you do go for it(A2813), remember not to get it wet. This model apparently still has the 2 piece sapphire-mineral laminate. That is the only thing holding me back from picking it up,am considering the V2 ultimate instead. I'd rather spend a bit more and have peace of mind than spend a bit less and have the glass fog up on me and wonder how to get it replaced.

And I hear those crystals are a pain in the ass to replace, they're shoved in that tight.

I talked to Josh about that. The 2813 models are now using a one piece crystal. All should be good with that.

• 2 weeks later...

I talked to Josh about that. The 2813 models are now using a one piece crystal. All should be good with that.

Hi,please reconfirm that..

I have info from a number of dealers that the cheap version sells with two piece laminate, albeit better sealed than the older versions so 'not likely' to have delam issues

Considering taking the plunge with this since I can't see the sense in paying so much more for the ultimate at this point

Hi,please reconfirm that..

I have info from a number of dealers that the cheap version sells with two piece laminate, albeit better sealed than the older versions so 'not likely' to have delam issues

Considering taking the plunge with this since I can't see the sense in paying so much more for the ultimate at this point

From Josh....

Hi, 

The crystal is now uniblock ... one single piece. ..

There is still visible difference to the ult model..  Caseback ... Its better you consider the ult model. 

Please place your order directly online.. Visa or mastercard directly accepted. 

Thanks

joshua

From Josh....

Hi, 

The crystal is now uniblock ... one single piece. ..

There is still visible difference to the ult model..  Caseback ... Its better you consider the ult model. 

Please place your order directly online.. Visa or mastercard directly accepted. 

Thanks

joshua

Also from Josh, which is why I was suggesting to reconfirm,I've gone ahead and put down the $ for it anyway from another dealer.

Hi,

Sorry ... The stocks are mix... Most of it is still happy feet ..

and also i re confirm that the crystal is still laminated..

I suggest you consider the clone eta movt V2 model.

joshua