When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Big problem with the crown of my new Plannet Ocean. Need help !

Apahach

Hi,

after waiting about 30 days today my new PO 42mm arrived. Very nice! But now I have a big problem. After setting the watch for the first time I can‘t screw down the crown. The crown doesn’t grab on the thread. So I can’t close the watch!

Is there anybody who can help me?

PS: The watch is from one of the trusted dealers of this forum!

Greetings

Apahach

Edited by Apahach

Contact the dealer. More then likely, the dealer will probably ask for it back to fix or replace the watch. Or you could buy a gen crown and tube and do a swap. Its more then likely stripped, which is a problem with the PO's.

Edited by theexit148

Contact the dealer. More then likely, the dealer will probably ask for it back to fix or replace the watch. Or you could buy a gen crown and tube and do a swap. Its more then likely stripped, which is a problem with the PO's.

Of course I immediately wrote an Email to my dealer. Waiting for the answer. To send the UPO back is not so easy and will last a long time. My home ist germany, the home of my dealer is china.

Is the option to use a gen crown an tube possible with my asia movement 4813?

@Apahach

I'm also from Germany, Bayern.

You can contact domenico. Ask him for a complete revision and if it's possible to change the crown for your movement. Domenico does everything, what a great guy and the best he's from Germany. One of the best watchsmith for replicas.

You can contact him by email domi60@arcor.de

Grüsse

@Apahach

I'm also from Germany, Bayern.

You can contact domenico. Ask him for a complete revision and if it's possible to change the crown for your movement. Domenico does everything, what a great guy and the best he's from Germany. One of the best watchsmith for replicas.

You can contact him by email domi60@arcor.de

Grüsse

Hi and thanks for this information. I think I will contact Domenico. My seller wants me to send him the UPO back to china. Not with DHL, UPS and so on. He told me I shell send him via registered airmail or normal airway. But I think it's a box and so I only can send it with DHL and so on. Other ideas? He told me about problems at the chinese customs if I send it with the popular shipping companies.

Anybody an idea to send it from Germany to Chine in a safe way in case of the chinese customs?

Thanks a lot.

Edited by Apahach

I have the same Problem with my last order. I chosen that the risk to send the watch back to china, was for me to dangerous and otherwise you need to know that this action will take some time.

It' s a long way from germany to china.

I send my watch for a complete revision and to fix a problem to domenico.

The revision service from domi is the first think that i make for all my watches. He opens the watch, clean and oil the movement this increases the lifetime of the watch.

I have the same Problem with my last order. I chosen that the risk to send the watch back to china, was for me to dangerous and otherwise you need to know that this action will take some time.

It' s a long way from germany to china.

I send my watch for a complete revision and to fix a problem to domenico.

The revision service from domi is the first think that i make for all my watches. He opens the watch, clean and oil the movement this increases the lifetime of the watch.

Same problem with a Planet Ocean? Which movement? What about the costs for the reparation/revision you paid to Dominico and how long did it take?

• 1 month later...

I too bought asia movement 4813 UPO and it worked for less than a day. Paid shipping and sent it back to China get it repaired. Still waiting... Now I noticed this thread and wonder if it was even worth it. Can anyone link me to the fix for the crown and the steel band? If I bought the Swiss movement, would it be working like any other reputable automatic watches?

Also, where or how can I find a dealer or member around NYC area to get this fixed or swapped for more reliable movement in the future in case this thing craps out again? I've read about Franken UPO's but I'm not comfortable doing it myself...

I apologize in advance for being a noob on the forum. And thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

I just had the same problem and here's a "quick fix" that worked for me.

I opened the back, pulled the stem and crown and took a good look (10x mag loupe)at the tube threads and inner crown threads.

I noticed 1 thread had completely pulled out of the tube. Sort of like a heli-coil does from time to time.

I will eventually go with ofrei for a gen tube and crown but in the meantime, not having a spare tube and wanting to wear the watch as I've only had it less than a week......

I went out to the garage, grabbed a roll of teflon tape (pipe thread sealing tape). rolling it up in a "string" about 1/8" in diameter x 1" long.

Set the crown on the desk (stem up) and worked the t-tape down into the crown threads with a tiny screwdriver from the watchtool kit.

Popped the stem back in, locked the case back down, set the time, pushed it in and that did the trick. The crown screws in until it's tight again. For now anyway.

I've been wearing it since and so far, so good. I don't trust it around water though. But hey, it worked for me.

Edited by correctime