When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Slight variations on 42mm 5th Gen PO?

cougar1

Could somebody please help clarify something on the 5th gen PO 42mm, since it came out we've had a few variations 'out of the box' on this but I find it difficult to see what dealer has what version? Seems a bit of 'pot luck' on which you'll receive.

Here is what I mean:

First release of the 5th gen and the one still stocked by most dealers, jandrew etc:

Omega logo directly on top of OMEGA writing, pearl a bit more protruding and prominent!

OMG11003_OMEGA_PLANET_OCEAN_42_4250SI2_ETA_2824_%282%29__60777_zoom.JPG

Then there was a period where there was some dial mishaps with missing words and some got sent out to forumites:

Notice the location of the Omega logo here, much more centred on dial, still not where the gen is but much better 'balanced' than the first edition.

Pearl is still shi**t :)

93386555.jpg

And now there's this one but still seems to fairly rare only stocked by select dealers, I personally think it's the best I've seen, with

2nd version omega logo, more flushed pearl, hard to see exactly in first pic but 2nd pic is better example:

om104b3.jpg

Thanks to S3g0y for this pic!

72116078.jpg

So my question is! What the fcuk is going on? How come some of these 42mm 5th gen are clearly a newer variation than others?...and who has them...or is it a secret?