When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MiniReview Chopard Mille Miglia GT XL Chrono

gran

MiniReview Chopard Mille Miglia GT XL Chrono

Product Details on Genuine Watch

Item number: 16/8459-3001R

Brand Name: Chopard

Style Number: 16.8459R

Also Called: 168459-3001R

Series: Mille Miglia GT XL Chronograph

Style (Gender): Mens

Case Material: Stainless Steel

Dial Color: Black, two-level

Movement: Automatic C.O.S.C.

Engine: 28,800vph, 16½''' lignes (37.22 mm diameter), 25 jewels Valgrange ETA A07.211

Functions: Hours, Minutes, Small Seconds at 9, Chronograph, Date

Crystal Material: Sapphire - Anti Reflective

Case Diameter: 44.0 mm

Case Thickness: 14.35 mm

Caseback: Sapphire Crystal - Transparent Exhibition Back

Bezel Material: Stainless Steel

Bezel Function: Fixed

Mass: 128.0 g

Water Resistance: 100m / 330ft (suitable for swimming and shallow snorkeling; unsuitable for diving)

Crown Material: Stainless Steel

Calendar: Magnified Date at 3

Watch Bracelet / Strap Material: Rubber - Black with Dunlop tread pattern

Watch Clasp Material: Stainless Steel Deployant Hidden Folding Clasp

Max Wrist Size: 8.5 inches

Watch Bracelet Width: 21.5 - 23.0 mm

Additional Info: The iconic Mille Miglia for 2007/2008.

workinprogress1kopi.jpg

Conclusions:

1. There are many versions of this watch so be careful :drinks:

2. At least three different true chronograph movements are found in these. 1. Asian 7750 (slower beat), 2. swiss 7750 (very expensive)28,800bph and 3. Asian a07.211 (my favorite)28,800bph :drinks:

3. Only the a07.211 movement is the correct size (linge) for this watch :pardon:

A. The one I have: At perfect clones/Joshua The Asian version is about $418 = CP02002 Mile Miglia GTXXL Chrono SS Black A07.211 Reg 28800 (Best version I have seen with my own eyes, but markings on rotor is sticker and not engraved)

Description by dealer:

This is made with a Genuine as sample

MOVEMENT: Asian 07.211 28,8800bph with functional regulator

CASE DIAMETER: 44mm

THICKNESS: 14.2mm

DIAL COLOR: Black Dial with Stick Markers (Red Needle Sec Hand)

CASE MATERIAL: Solid Stainless Steel 316L

BRACELET: Resilient Rubber Strap with Deployant Clasp

FRONT GLASS: Superb AR Coated Sapphire Glass (Swiss Gen standards)

BACK GLASS: Display Case Back with detailed engraving on caseback rim

BEZEL: Tachymetered bezel

HACK MOVEMENT: Yes

CLASP TYPE: Deployant Folding Buckle with insignia

DATE INDICATOR: At 3:00 position

WaterProofed to 30m

DateWheel is directly mounted

All parts are 1:1 exchangeable with Genuine

Full functional Chronograph

B. SWISS 7750 Version is about $800 at perfect clones/Joshua= CP02102 Mile Miglia GTXXL Chrono SS Black Swiss 7750 28800 (I have not inspected this version)

C. Asian 7750 Version (I have seen with my own eyes) but the crystal (curved?) and other parts are not so nice. No AR. But the more accurate rotor is to be found on some of these (= engraved rotor )

4. Genuine has no blued screws om movement :pardon:

5. Watch is very similar to the genuine (save the differences seen on movement such as engraved serial number) :thumbsupsmileyanim:

6. The better versions of this replica works, looks and feels like the genuine :thumbsupsmileyanim:

7. Rubber strap and metal clasp are pretty much as good as on the genuine :thumbsupsmileyanim:

8. Movement of the seconds hand for the chrono function is likley smoother on the genuine one :victory:

9. Lume is often hopeless on the replica :pardon:

10.AR is very well applied on some replica versions (= the more expensive ones) :thumbsupsmileyanim:

11. Warning stay away from the quartz and non functional chrono versions, be careful to get the correct crystal with AR

Conclusion: This is my favorite looking CHOPARD. Well balanced dial, smooth bezel is a pluss and the colours (Black with some white and even less red bathed in polished steel) are just right. :wub::wub::wub:

Link to white version:

http://forum.chronomag.cz/index.php?/topic/31145-chopard-mille-miglia-gt-xl-chronograph-168459-3015/

My replica

grankengtxxlhornback.jpg

chopardonrubber2010.jpg

dscf2001.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Chopard mille miglia gran turismo xl chrono 158459 3001

This is the version with the SS bracelett

Ref.15/8459-3001 (note that the regular with rubber strap is 16/8459-3001) 15/ seem to be an universal indicator of bracelet and 16/ a rubber strap

158459-3001_4.jpg

158459-3001_3.jpg

Ther is a L.U.C version above and one that say Chopard in same place on back

1817_2.jpg

Official site:

http://www.chopard.com/en/classicracing/millemiglia/mille-miglia-gt-xl-chrono-158459-3001.aspx#/en/product/158459-3001/

• 2 weeks later...

I'm confused by all the versions. Which version is the one to get and closest to the genuine article?

Yes it is confusing...get the one with the valgarange size movement (=Asian 07.211) and then most likely you will get the best version in terms of case and AR, crystal, size ove movement etc....

without high resolution QC pics one is lost on this one....

obviously you may also get the $800 version with genuine ETA 7750 and that is probably better in terms of reliability (but not held that one in my hands so i am not certain)

The worst and cheapest version with standard asian 7750 has poor quality and too rounded crystal....but has the best rotor (with engraved letters)

Gran, thanks much for the review, this watch has been on my wish kist for too long. I really need to get one before they are discontinuerd.

What do you think of the gray dial with the 12 and 6 embedded in the crystal?

Gran, thanks much for the review, this watch has been on my wish kist for too long. I really need to get one before they are discontinuerd.

The grey is likely to be very accurate compared to the gen.I have heard only great things about it. There are reviews around on that as you know.

Thanks Gran! It's over $400 but I think I really need to get this watch, it's a super-rep.

Glad to hear that..now do not forget the review when it arrives old friend :drinks:

Me thinks the one you are referring to is one of the best out of the box reps ever. The solid case back and a more interesting dial made it my choice (years ago) over the standard XL chrono.

Me thinks the one you are referring to is one of the best out of the box reps ever. The solid case back and a more interesting dial made it my choice (years ago) over the standard XL chrono.

I'm having troubles deciding as well! I'd pick one with a valgrange a07 211 movt. might swap it out later. But then, which one is the closest? standard XL chrono, LE2007 or LE2008? (have not seen the 2008 yet on the forum)?

• 3 years later...

Chopard Mille Miglia GT XL Chrono

I am very interested in acquiring one of these so 'thank you' for your excellent review. I would get the Swiss 7750 movement but for that price I would prefer the S/S bracelet version. (15/8459-3001). Sadly I cannot find one among the TD's I use but I wondered, seeing the photos of one on your review if there is someone else who could supply that particular version.  I have seen it on the Chopard website but nowhere else.  Any guidance would be really appreciated.