When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is Josh's site down?

rwgforumfan

Ive been trying for days know to order something on his site and it takes forever to load one page and even them half the pics wont show.

A couple of minutes on the page and it stops working. Frustrating.I don't know whats up it could be my isp blocking the site, not sure.

If it is blocking josh's site is there a workaround?

Anyone else having this trouble also?

Been talking to him last couple days,his site has been under attack for months now as can be seen with the issues,another dealer behind this.

Hopefully will get worked out.

I don't have much interaction with dealers but have assumed that for the last couple of years these dealers have been attacking each other all the time. Josh isn't the first to be attacked and he won't be the last. Everyone gets their turn to go down and then changes their domain. Guess there is a lot of money in them there reps. :whistling:

It would be nice if they could post a pdf catalog of there site that could be posted on Rapidshare etc. Then customers would be able to order offline very easily and know what there getting.

Just a thought...What do I know I'm a noob on this forum. :pardon: A noob looking to make his first purchase but frustrated with josh and adams sites giving me hell. :Jumpy:

Admin is aware that Josh's & Andrew's sites have been under attack, but, unfortunately, there is nothing we can do from here. However, the situation is being looked into.

You got that right Freddy. This situation is being investigated.

It's a sad day when a dealer thought to be reputable goes to this much time and trouble to have a third party hacker trash the competition.

When said "dealer" is dispositively identified (and you will note that I did not say, "if,") what should the penalty be?

Bill

It's a sad day when a dealer thought to be reputable goes to this much time and trouble to have a third party hacker trash the competition.

When said "dealer" is dispositively identified (and you will note that I did not say, "if,") what should the penalty be?

Bill

You may well be right. But I still believe that this has been going on back and forth between dealers for an extended period of time. All the major dealers have had significant down time in the last year alone. Josh is the latest. I have never thought any of them were random bad luck. :whistling: There is a lot of profit and as a result competition. Remember prohibition? All the leading bootleggers took turns trying to kill each other. Is this any different - illicit goods being sold by illicit dealers. And this is taking place in China of all places (the only country who has an entire "blue" army trained to do exactly this stuff). In any case I do hope Josh is up and running again soon. I hate to see anyone being tortured and Josh has been a tried and true dealer here for a long time.

Bill

Very interesting indeed.

Penalty - put his ba!!s on the chopping block

If there is solid proof as to which dealer is behind this i dont think it should be tolerated with a "well its part of the business" type of thing and swept under the carpet,indeed this dealer should be named and shown the door.... :thumbdown:

If there is solid proof as to which dealer is behind this i dont think it should be tolerated with a "well its part of the business" type of thing and swept under the carpet,indeed this dealer should be named and shown the door.... :thumbdown:

Completely agree.

DDOS attacks are not easy to orchestrate and sustain for this long. So a serious amount of planning and moolah must have gone into it. Also some cyber mafia has to be involved in this.

Cant wait for the mystery to unfold. I love conspiracies. 

Edited by Samurai

Personally, I agree.

I'm with freddy on this one.

However the critical words are "solid proof", and thus far we haven't seen anything either solid and/or confirmed.

If and when that is available, I'm sure appropriate action will be taken.

Offshore

Due to the very nature of Botnet attacks, there is no way to trace the owner, unless some serious time and effort are expended.

You would have to:

1> find the correct bot swarm's channel (out of very many) on one of many IRC networks

2> wait around for the owner to pop in, and find out where he is logging in from

3> pray that information is useful ... 80% chance it's worthless, since the owner could be anyone or could be disguising his access IP address.

The only fruitful way to find out who is doing this is if someone squeals ... hang out on one of many IRC channels used by this type of person and wait for someone to brag. That could take months of work.

Edited by Jkay

@ Jkay we don't need to trace the attacks, the hard work has already been done.

What we need to see is some proof that what we have been given is authentic.

Just some food for thought...

DDoS attacks are illegal, so is selling rep's...

Those in the firing line now may have pulled a few triggers themselves...

Ken

I should have known that someone who still makes that world their home would sniff this out.

I've been out of that kind of scene for probably 15 years and you forget how much ownership you feel when you are tightly connected.