When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DSN pvd - 009 and 360

hackR

I havent seen them in my hand but from the pics mate the 009 is by far a better option for 6500/6502 cases... but as its pencil PVD it will depend which PAM you want to do as PVD shades varied on gen models/series etc

Neither look too dark to me:

Anyway, it's lighter than Pre-A PVD (and Davidsen's 360 is too dark).

Paneristi picture of 360 DLC vs. 009 PVD

When it looks lighter, what you are seeing is partially reflected light giving the appearance of a lighter finish (the first pics in your post are under soft box/studio lighting which gives the finishes a much lighter appearance, not what you will see in normal office or home lighting). I own a gen 360 and it can appear both light and dark, but in most indirect lighting situations it appears darker than typical PVD.

Actually both gen 360 and 195's can appear as dark as the 292 ceramic (once again the lighting is the main determinate). I'm not trying to turn this into a pissing contest, just passing on what I know to be the case in-person.

Same watch direct light and indirect light...

360a.jpg

360d.jpg

This is why pics are unreliable for matching finishes, especially DLC coatings...

same DLC coated buckle, different light source (no pic, but outdoors it looks black).

MXdlc03.jpg

MXdlc02.jpg