When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

miniReview VC Patrimony 31 Day Retrograde

gran

Warning! Review of old replicas that are likely not sold or in any demand anymore :pardon:

Vacheron Constantin Patrimony 31 Day Retrograde

market_image.1631881.jpg

In 2000 to see the retrograding date show up again in a wristwatch, when it appeared in the reference 47245, the "31-Day Retrograding Calendar Watch.

In 2002, for the 247th anniversary of the brand, Vacheron Constantin created a limited edition watch (247 pieces) in platinum that had an open dial, showcasing the retrograding mechanism as well as special finishing on the mainplate.

The case is 37 mm in diameter, and the lugs alluded to a design from the 1950's. It was available in rose or white gold with a silver dial, or in platinum with a black dial.

The base movement was a JLC 889 to which Vacheron Constantin created the calendar complications: Automatic Caliber VC1126 R31

Dial Guilloché matte silver (or black) with applied white gold radial Roman numerals and round indexes.

Functions: Hour - Minute - Day - retrograd Date

• Reference Number: 47245

• Case Diameter :37mm

• Thickness: 9mm

31dayretrograde.jpg

My Replicas:

Old version and in many aspects best quality version replica

vcretrogradedate.jpg

Newer version that seems more accurate:

vcretrograde2.jpg

Conclusions on old black dial replica:

1. Lack of VI hour marker and a usher at X that is rather small is the largest deviations from the genuine regarding the face on the old black face version of the replica :pardon:

2. Quality of sapphire glass on front and back is very good on the old black face replica :thumbsupsmileyanim:

3. Movement is rather pretty on this replica (but the genuine is gorgeous so no comparison there) :pardon:

4. Rest of back side is reasonable on this replica :good:

5. Sizes and shapes, including lugs are reasonably similar to genuine :thumbsupsmileyanim:

6. All functions are functional on rep :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Final: Not a bad rep at all and strangely enough this first rep version is the better one (much better quality make of crystals and case and display back than my newer silver face version)

Silver face rep has improved face, pusher at X and VI hour marker :thumbsupsmileyanim: but make of crystals and case are less impressive on close inspection. Back is less accurate.

The very newest Bi-Retrograde (retrograde date and retrograde day) replica is just ridiculous due to the poor job on the day indicators on the dial…THUDAY???!!! :bangin: …scandalous work at the factory! :rofl:

replica bi-retrograde :cry2:

big12786.jpg

WEDDAY?????? :rofl:

Genuine Bi-Retrograde detail for comparison

Vacheron-Constantin12-2.jpg

Nice one Gran. The old reps seem to be forgotten, but they were damn good when they first came out. Here's one I've owned for a number of years, and the gold still holds up:

Yes I know this one..mine was silver..I see that the date is still at 2005 :lol: I hade to use a hammer to change the YEAR on mine....gave it to my nephew

clives.jpg