When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cartier Santos 100 XL ultimate fits gen straps perfectly.

cougaree

Thanks guys! Yes, it's Kevlar strap. Here is a wrist shot. By the way, has anyone does ETA 2892 upgrade on this watch? I wonder if the stock minute and second wheels are tall enough for the dial.

W--You're gonna make me get a kevlar too! Where did u get yours? The AD?

My Santos came with an ETA 2824...did yours come with the same or an asian movement?

:pimp:

I bought my straps here (got lucky). Mine comes with ETA 2824-2 as well, but I feel like the factory uses old movements... Mine doesn't have good PR sometimes.

Just got my A7753 Santos 100 XL chronograph. Nice watch, rep strap is awful though. Cougaree that combo looks fabulous! I need this Kevlar strap!! Anyone know where one can be sourced ? Could I get one from an AD or do they need a serial # to order one ?

I did a search in the usual places (forums, ebay, etc) and came up empty.

Thanks! I would give AD a call if I were you. Your Santos chrono has slightly wider lug width, so you may have to specify it's a chrono.

Good luck! Let me know how it goes!

Thanks - I will do that. It is 24.5mm indeed an unusual width.

For those who find this thread looking to replace the stock rep strap:

The non-chrono Santos 100 XL is 23mm at the lugs, the chrono is 24.5mm at the lugs thus they are different. Thanks cougaree for measuring!

I got a quote from an AD for $240 for what looks to be a very similar strap, it is sold as "Toile de Voile" rather than kevlar though. I'm not sure if it is exactly the same, but AD said it is the closest thing that Cartier has for this model and the most popular accessory strap they sell. I was sent the photo attached below.

For less than half that price, I found this on Ebay... looks extremely similar and comes with a deployant clasp too. The latter sells for almost $50 by itself... Should be here tomorrow, I'll get photos of it and post. If it is decent, definitely a good value.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380321381876

I didn't look but there may be a version for the non-chrono Santos 100 XL too.

post-2418-0-66112300-1306884842.jpg

Thanks guys! Yes, it's Kevlar strap. Here is a wrist shot. By the way, has anyone does ETA 2892 upgrade on this watch? I wonder if the stock minute and second wheels are tall enough for the dial.

f55f0904.jpg

I have brand new genuine cal.49 (cartier ETA 2892-2) waiting for swap, can't wait for the result

I have bought OEM alligator straps both for my Swiss 7753 Santos 100 chrono and my "ultimate" non-chrono. I called the Chicago Cartier boutique from out of state. Just gave them the model number of the watch (they never asked for a serial, but I had one at the ready from a watch I saw on Ebay). They couldn't care less, and mailed it right out; no tax. As I recall, the cost was $320 for each in alligator. Both of my watches really look gen now. Nothing like OEM straps! BTW, I also just spent about $300 at a Caribbean AD on a trip last week for a genuine brown alligator strap to put on my new PAM 177M. Again, the OEM PAM strap really moves it up a few notches. Other than the crappy movement, it's now as gen-looking as a rep can possibly be.