When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New PAM for end of August

panera

Here you go:

http://www.kuvarsitwatch.com/

My question is the seller reputable? Feel free to comment Is that the picture of the Gen movement?

The pics on te website are not of the Gen. The two big gears and the incabloc shock protection are clearly Asian, but the finish and CDG on this are very very good. What do they charge for shipping? Might be worth getting hands on one, or getting Sead to put one in a 177 for us? :)

yeah 386 :thumbsupsmileyanim:

panerai-luminor-composite-3-days-pam-386-automatic-watch.jpg

Yummm! Looks like the 312's war vet cousin, just returning after a stint in Afghanistan... :) love this watch, and love that finish... This will sell like hot cakes...

Edited by subbiesrock

The pics on te website are not of the Gen. The two big gears and the incabloc shock protection are clearly Asian, but the finish and CDG on this are very very good. What do they charge for shipping? Might be worth getting hands on one, or getting Sead to put one in a 177 for us?

Do we know who the seller is?

On the 386 wonder if the date window will be a tad wider than on current stock 312's.. Also, the bezel rim..hope they get it right! Improve xtal would be great also..oh, and the p.9000.. Interesting to see if the lume will be strong enough on these reps..DLC/Composite color..dial color... Many small points that will make or break this watch.. Very skeptical here.. :(

On the 386 wonder if the date window will be a tad wider than on current stock 312's.. Also, the bezel rim..hope they get it right! Improve xtal would be great also..oh, and the p.9000.. Interesting to see if the lume will be strong enough on these reps..DLC/Composite color..dial color... Many small points that will make or break this watch.. Very skeptical here.. :(

I can answer your questions right now. "This rep will not be a Gen with a price tag of $299" so I suppose your worst fears are realized. I am sorry for your loss.

It is safe to assume that it will not be that brown composite case color......it will just be the standard PVD stainless case like the 26K?

Those makers have a way of replicating finishes, I'm sure they'll throw in a bit of brown powder into the PVD machine while cooking... :)

The process to create the finish on the 386 had nothing whatsoever to do with PVD (Physical Vapour Deposition). The watchcase is aluminium, and undergoes a chemical reaction (I'm going with electroplating, although it's not clear) to form Al2O3 on the surface, which is the nerdy name for ceramic. The brown colour comes from the unique chemistry, so no, PVD will not give you that colour. But I'm sure they will mock something up... These makers have a way of getting around such things :)

• 2 weeks later...