When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Looking for a good rono colt rep

Cobra

There is only one rep of the chrono Colt available, most dealers have it. Try Josh or Andrew's sites. I will warn you that although its a fairly nice watch, it is very far from a super rep.

0d735c66368be5728ed5eb71593572ef.image.640x480.JPG

Edited by andreww

May I ask what Breitling reps are available that you would categorize as a "super rep"? I am trying to decide between a Breitling, Omega Seamaster and IWC Big Pilot to wear as an everyday sport watch. Any "super reps" available of these last 2 I listed?

I am a little put off by the problems I have read about with the 7750 movements (re: being careful setting time and using chrono to not strip gears) so one that uses a different movement would probably be preferred by me.

I believe the 7750 is as solid as any of the other asian movements. Any precautions you need to take when setting the date apply to all mechanical movements, not just the 7750. If you still want to avoid it, look at the Avenger, Superocean Steelfish, or the Superocean Heritage.

May I ask what Breitling reps are available that you would categorize as a "super rep"? I am trying to decide between a Breitling, Omega Seamaster and IWC Big Pilot to wear as an everyday sport watch. Any "super reps" available of these last 2 I listed?

Most Omega or Breitling (sport watch) reps will be more accurate than the Big Pilot rep (since the IWC uses an in-house movement). Although there are some very, very nice 5002/5004 BPs out there, all of them have either wrong power reserve subdial placement or non-functioning PR.

If you don't want to trust a mechanical chrono, there are a ton of ETA 28xx based reps in both brands.