When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I think I found a WM9 substitute for a Yachmaster and sub!

chiman12

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seans pricing is a little high just for a case set

It is the whole case set...case, bracelet, dial, hands, crown... Compared to an aftermarket like Yuki that charges about the same price for just the case...sean is pretty reasonable IMO...

It is the whole case set...case, bracelet, dial, hands, crown... Compared to an aftermarket like Yuki that charges about the same price for just the case...sean is pretty reasonable IMO...

ah.

wonder if the empty case can be bought, have better parts lying around, just need the metal. hows the datewheel font?

I contacted the seller, he proved to be most unhelpful with an attitude to boot! I asked if he could take a few more pics of a watch (not wanting to be bait and switched), the reply was not customer friendly at all! He never even offered to take pics of the watch if I sent the funds first, which I may have entertained.....

So big buyer beware from me, I suggest you take the pictures from his website and contact your tried and tested dealer for info, a much safer option for Sure :)

had no problem with sean so far, what do you expect.spoonfeeding and pampering the entire way ? :D

No I expect good customer service from whoever I buy from, not rude and sarcastic replies, all other dealers are able to take QC pics now after all. If you are happy to buy blind off an unknown dealer with a [censored] poor attitude then go for it! ;)

Just because you are happy to settle for less quality service and rudeness eiderdaus, doesn't mean the rest of us are, or should have to.....

Pamerpering or spoonfed and BS statements like that have nothing to do with it :p

This was from the links provided by highoeyazmuhudee, the Yachtmaster listed on that site (Tswisstime) seems to have the same caseset as the WM9 version. Dealer name was Henry Lee......

Can you post a link please? I checked out tswisstime the other day, but could not find anything gen spec'ed with regard to sub case to fit a rolex 3x35 movment.

Neither did I. I did see a TW best though....

Yep, which appears to me to be the same as WM9 Yachtmasters ;)

Can you post a link please? I checked out tswisstime the other day, but could not find anything gen spec'ed with regard to sub case to fit a rolex 3x35 movment.

Links were back on page two :)

I am looking at the Yachtmaster, not to keen on Sub's myself. This is the watch here, it appears to be using the same/similar case set to the WM9 version:

http://www.tswisstime.com/swiss_rolex_yachtmaster_replica_watches.html#Rolex%20Yachtmaster%20TW%20Best%20ETA

Similar rounded crown guard, thick steep rehaut, tight end links, low profile case, crown position (is a tad lower, 2836, not 2824?) and solid mid link bracelet. At least it looks that way to me, when compared with the WM9 version I used to own:

Was WM9 just superluming these watches? :p

Interesting as I thought the WM9 cases only used 2824's as they could also fit gen movements. Maybe it is just the same bezel insert? Because if you used the 2836, then that would mean that the crown position is lower than the 2824 (is that not correct?). This would mean that the crown would be substantially lower, which doesn't seem like it i the pics (but it could be pics). In addition, a 2846 is shown in the pics, does this movement has the same stem height of a 2824 and maybe it is an error in movement description?

But the gen spec YM case that Sean is selling is different than the WM9. There are subtle differences in the bezel insert and the crown position. According to a first hand source Sean has never heard of WM9 ...

Links were back on page two :)

I am looking at the Yachtmaster, not to keen on Sub's myself. This is the watch here, it appears to be using the same/similar case set to the WM9 version:

http://www.tswisstime.com/swiss_rolex_yachtmaster_replica_watches.html#Rolex%20Yachtmaster%20TW%20Best%20ETA

Similar rounded crown guard, thick steep rehaut, tight end links, low profile case, crown position and solid mid link bracelet. At least it looks that way to me, when compared with the WM9 version I used to own:

Was WM9 just superluming these watches? :p

Ok my bad, i still had the sub in mind.

About the YM in your link i can say few things compared to my WM9 YM:

The dial looks to be the same as WM9, not sure if tswisstime is superlumed, probably not as this would be mentioned as a selling point.

Here is my YM, note the ever so slightly crooked 12 o clock marker. Same as on theirs.

img0428ik.jpg

The movement pictured is a slow beat ETA 2846. Therefor the crown position cannot be the same as the WM9 version. The base case however might very well be.

The bracelet is not the same as WM9's version:

img0430w.jpg

And to rest my case, there is the hologram sticker :bangin:

Ok my bad, i still had the sub in mind.

About the YM in your link i can say few things compared to my WM9 YM:

The dial looks to be the same as WM9, not sure if tswisstime is superlumed, probably not as this would be mentioned as a selling point.

Here is my YM, note the ever so slightly crooked 12 o clock marker. Same as on theirs.

The movement pictured is a slow beat ETA 2846. Therefor the crown position cannot be the same as the WM9 version. The base case however might very well be.

The bracelet is not the same as WM9's version:

And to rest my case, there is the hologram sticker :bangin:

I am pretty sure the TW Best Yachtmaster is the same base watch as my old WM9 Yachtmaster, minus the superlumed dial/hands ;)

Sean's case set looks similar, but the bezel insert is different, and the crown position even higher? I would rather buy a complete watch myself, so the TW Best looks good to me, I regret selling my WM9.....

Interesting stuff B)