When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I think I found a WM9 substitute for a Yachmaster and sub!

chiman12

Very cool, that YM case set does look sweet! I wonder, could a 2824 or 2892 be used in this case? Would Sean sell a complete watch? :)

With a Stilty spacer you should be able to use 2824 or 2892 as engine. You will need an ETA hand set.

Why not ask Sean (politely :p) if he can sell you a complete watch using the case.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With a Stilty spacer you should be able to use 2824 or 2892 as engine. You will need an ETA hand set.

Why not ask Sean (politely :p) if he can sell you a complete watch using the case.

Haha, politely?! I am so polite it's crazy, I'm English remember! Maybe that's it, I'm too polite! :lol:

Haha, politely?! I am so polite it's crazy, I'm English remember! Maybe that's it, I'm too polite! :lol:

No you're not, you are an arrogant english [censored] from the western world.

Don't mean any disrespect mate, but I've been reading your posts for over 5 years now and i as an arrogant western [censored] can appriciate it... but bro, someone gots to say it out loud.

:drinks:

Edited by slickdick

No you're not, you are an arrogant english [censored] from the western world.

Don't mean any disrespect mate, but I've been reading your posts for over 5 years now and i as an arrogant western [censored] can appriciate it... but bro, someone gots to say it out loud.

:drinks:

Forum persona is very different from buying/sales communication persona ;)

On the forums I just tell it as I see it, no time for BS or otherwise :p

Case set price is the same as Sean quoted me for the Sub. A 2892 or 2824 will fit with a spacer ring to suit. The crown height difference is not much between a 3135/3035 compared to a 2892/2824 but miles out with a 2836.

These new pictures have put me off to be honest. The bezel teeth while very defined are not right for a Sub and look nearer the style of a Yachtmaster. A shame as I was very tempted this time.Also the insert looks too angled which may mean that the crystal retainer ring is not quite the same as genuine and would mean a flatter gen insert would not be a simple exchange without grinding away at the back of the oem insert!

I guess we need to see one in the flesh or get the OP to experiment on our behalf.

No I expect good customer service from whoever I buy from, not rude and sarcastic replies, all other dealers are able to take QC pics now after all. If you are happy to buy blind off an unknown dealer with a [censored] poor attitude then go for it! ;)

Just because you are happy to settle for less quality service and rudeness eiderdaus, doesn't mean the rest of us are, or should have to.....

Pamerpering or spoonfed and BS statements like that have nothing to do with it :p

Just because you are not happy that doesn´t mean the rest of us ain´t, or shouldn´t have to....

what is BS in my comment ? You think you are the only one to write down a valid opinion ? relax angry old man

Just because you are not happy that doesn´t mean the rest of us ain´t, or shouldn´t have to....

what is BS in my comment ? You think you are the only one to write down a valid opinion ? relax angry old man

The dealer Henry Lee from Tswisstime was rude and unhelpful to me, not Sean. If you bothered to actually read this thread you would have seen that fact, clearly you haven't and instead you just want to take cheap shots at me, that is called trolling....

You seem to think it's fine for you to tell me what to do and how I should buy my watches, but that I cannot express my opinion? The pampered/spoonfed comment was [censored], I'll help you with that one, as you can't seem to figure it out :p

On a non thread derailing note, we shall soon see what Sean delivers, as I have just paid for a TW Best Yachtmaster, now the wait begins! B)

im sure ive seen seans case set on ioffer or even ebay from an american seller at least a year ago. the questions is how is a 3135 case helpful with out some more modding. also the case back looks incorrect. i guess im just waiting to see someone build one up to showcase it before considering the plunge of $4XX dollars for a case set. even a wm9 kit was cheaper wasnt it?

im sure ive seen seans case set on ioffer or even ebay from an american seller at least a year ago. the questions is how is a 3135 case helpful with out some more modding. also the case back looks incorrect. i guess im just waiting to see someone build one up to showcase it before considering the plunge of $4XX dollars for a case set. even a wm9 kit was cheaper wasnt it?

If money was no object I would start a 3135 project, alas that is not the case! :lol:

However, if the TW Best YM watch is really a WM9 in disguise, I will be happy :)

If you start putting 3135's in these things they're getting too close to gen cost to build once you figure gen dial, insert, hands, crystal etc. If it was a rare ltd edition or rare vintage then yes that would be worth while but no way on a common regular modern sub.

Edited by TheBluePrince

If you start putting 3135's in these things they're getting too close to gen cost to build once you figure gen dial, insert, hands, crystal etc. If it was a rare ltd edition or rare vintage then yes that would be worth while but no way on a common regular modern sub.

I 100% agree, however if you can get an ETA2842/2892 to work, it may be worth a look :)

Very cool, that YM case set does look sweet! I wonder, could a 2824 or 2892 be used in this case? Would Sean sell a complete watch? :)

I've got a couple of H-4 2824 coming from BK and I'll defintiely post the projects once I am done. I'm actually pretty psyched about these projects!!!

I don't understand very well.

Are Sean and tswisstime two sellers completely independent the one from the other?

What do you think about it?

http://www.tswisstime.com/swiss_rolex_seadweller_replica_watches.html#Rolex%20Seadweller%20ETA%202836%20TW%20Best

or

http://www.etaswiss.net/gallery/categories.php?cat_id=518

I have contacted Sean. He has been very fast and kind in to answer me. The only true problem (but only for me) is that it doesn't send from UK for the Countries of the European Union :wounded1:

i dont get this fanaticism over having a gen movement, i know modern 16610s that are true to 3-4secs a day, compare a 2892 at $200 to a 3135 at over $1200, whats the point really. that extra $1000 buys all sorts of other visually gen goodies. even vintage, ETA is good enough for the COSC certified RADO diastar one at 21.6bph , Bulova, Enicar, Doxa, OMEGA, etc etc. is a gen rolex movement really worth 6X the price?

You understand fine, two separate sellers :)

Sean is very helpful and a pleasure to deal with, Henry from Tswisstime was rude and unhelpful ;)

Ah, ok :pardon:

my English is equal to my chinese = zero

Michey, what do you think about the two Seadweller of the my preceding post?

One is Best TW SD (from Tswisstime) and one is Super SD, from Sean.

"The crown height difference is not much between a 3135/3035 compared to a 2892/2824 but miles out with a 2836."

A 3035 will not work properly in a case made for a 3135 as the stem will be in a serious bind because of the (approximate) additional .4mm distance from stem to dial with the 3035. This offset is amplified because the rolex movement takes up most of the space in the case so the movement is very close to the case tube and this will not tolerate much stem misalignment. Smaller movements that are farther from the case tube can stand more offset. A lady size Eta 2671 in a submariner case can stand quite a bit of stem misalignment for example.

"If you start putting 3135's in these things they're getting too close to gen cost to build once you figure gen dial, insert, hands, crystal etc. If it was a rare ltd edition or rare vintage then yes that would be worth while but no way on a common regular modern sub."

True, and I do not trust these replica cases to be WR to much depth. I do not want a waterlogged 3135. A waterlogged 2824/2836 is bad enough. I've had a few of them.

"i dont get this fanaticism over having a gen movement, i know modern 16610s that are true to 3-4secs a day, compare a 2892 at $200 to a 3135 at over $1200, whats the point really. that extra $1000 buys all sorts of other visually gen goodies. even vintage, ETA is good enough for the COSC certified RADO diastar one at 21.6bph , Bulova, Enicar, Doxa, OMEGA, etc etc. is a gen rolex movement really worth 6X the price?"

I agree 100%. It is not just the initial cost of the genuine movement/dial/hands/repair parts, you also have to figure the cost when the watch is dropped, drowned, lost, or stolen. Things like that happen everyday and I can take a $600 hit a lot better than a $2500 hit.

The major reason for replicas in the first place is to save $$ and have fun. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Too much genuine = too much $$ and not as much fun. :wounded1:

I rest my case... (pun!).

The WM9 was cheaper at the introductory price, but there was almost a 2 yr wait time and the prices sky rocketed from there.

You can't compare apple to oranges, because some people now want in the range of $650 to $1000 (depending on which sub) for a WM9. In addition, you had to deal with the crown recess in between the cgs, in which the crown almost came in contact with the bezel. This is the sure tell of a WM9 sub. BK had to work his magic on the crown tube to prevent the crown from grinding down on the bezel.

I had one time owned the WM9 LV and the TT...

That I did not know so I stand corrected!

"The crown height difference is not much between a 3135/3035 compared to a 2892/2824 but miles out with a 2836."

A 3035 will not work properly in a case made for a 3135 as the stem will be in a serious bind because of the (approximate) additional .4mm distance from stem to dial with the 3035. This offset is amplified because the rolex movement takes up most of the space in the case so the movement is very close to the case tube and this will not tolerate much stem misalignment. Smaller movements that are farther from the case tube can stand more offset. A lady size Eta 2671 in a submariner case can stand quite a bit of stem misalignment for example.

"If you start putting 3135's in these things they're getting too close to gen cost to build once you figure gen dial, insert, hands, crystal etc. If it was a rare ltd edition or rare vintage then yes that would be worth while but no way on a common regular modern sub."

True, and I do not trust these replica cases to be WR to much depth. I do not want a waterlogged 3135. A waterlogged 2824/2836 is bad enough. I've had a few of them.

"i dont get this fanaticism over having a gen movement, i know modern 16610s that are true to 3-4secs a day, compare a 2892 at $200 to a 3135 at over $1200, whats the point really. that extra $1000 buys all sorts of other visually gen goodies. even vintage, ETA is good enough for the COSC certified RADO diastar one at 21.6bph , Bulova, Enicar, Doxa, OMEGA, etc etc. is a gen rolex movement really worth 6X the price?"

I agree 100%. It is not just the initial cost of the genuine movement/dial/hands/repair parts, you also have to figure the cost when the watch is dropped, drowned, lost, or stolen. Things like that happen everyday and I can take a $600 hit a lot better than a $2500 hit.

The major reason for replicas in the first place is to save $$ and have fun. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Too much genuine = too much $$ and not as much fun. :wounded1:

I rest my case... (pun!).

• 4 weeks later...