When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega 42mm Planet Ocean

correctime

I've been looking around at the 42mm PO. Mainly the Ultimate version for it's ability to use genuine parts.

There seems to be many dealers that offer this version with the 2824-2 movement but I've seen one claiming come with the eta 2892.

Which movement in a 42mm PO would be the better choice as far as overall quality and long term reliability. And to possibly have genuine parts added on down the road ?

• 3 weeks later...

If it actually does have an Asian 2892, I would absolutely take that. I would ask for a movement pic and post it though first if you're not sure. It's a thinner movement, and usually used in higher end watches than 2824s are. I honestly don't think there's too much of a quality difference, but the handwinding of the A2892 is much nicer.

outduorboy. Yes, that's the watch I was talking about. From Ms. Connie. But I've since decided to go with Lay at ReplicaMake88. It arrived super fast, well packed and it's a very nice replica. Now all I need is to locate a compilation of parts needed from cousins or from ofrei to see which direction is most practical. Go full Franken with it or seek a nice preowned piece. Would the initial cost of the base watch, plus costs for genuine dial, hands, bezel and insert, crystal, crown/tube, HE valve,( or a complete case set) all the necessary gaskets, bracelet w/clasp and sending it off to have those parts installed save me enough over just going with a genuine piece ?

outduorboy. Yes, that's the watch I was talking about. From Ms. Connie. But I've since decided to go with Lay at ReplicaMake88. It arrived super fast, well packed and it's a very nice replica. Now all I need is to locate a compilation of parts needed from cousins or from ofrei to see which direction is most practical. Go full Franken with it or seek a nice preowned piece. Would the initial cost of the base watch, plus costs for genuine dial, hands, bezel and insert, crystal, crown/tube, HE valve,( or a complete case set) all the necessary gaskets, bracelet w/clasp and sending it off to have those parts installed save me enough over just going with a genuine piece ?

It sounds daunting.. but this is one of the easiest mods to do yourself. I wouldn't send it off anywhere... The two most important mods in my opinion are crystal and crown/tube. The bracelet will set you back half the price of the GEN almost, you can do this project for a reasonable price.. if you want 99% franken.. might be more worth it to get the gen.. If you want a 90% gen watch.. you can do this for under 500 bucks yourself.

I would suggest proceeding very carefully. I went down that path on a 45mm PO and you will find yourself very quickly at 50% or more of gen price without a warranty or access to AD parts for the future. You start with a crown and tube, then a crystal, then an He valve and dial and hands and :bangin:

I would suggest proceeding very carefully. I went down that path on a 45mm PO and you will find yourself very quickly at 50% or more of gen price without a warranty or access to AD parts for the future. You start with a crown and tube, then a crystal, then an He valve and dial and hands and :bangin:

Access to AD parts?? offrei and cousins.. I have 2 extra sets of crowns and tubes just in case! haha.