When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I want a decent Patek 5120!11

Vuggy

Well repping a look alike movement to this aint easy :bangin:

-Patek-Philippe-Calatrava-5120-4-.jpg

front should be easy yes!

-Patek-Philippe-Calatrava-5120-0-.jpg

OK maybe Sea-Gull actually has a movement that could be a lookalike see my thread:

You know what, I don't even care about the back, they could use a hand-wind movement. Nobody's going to see it anyway. But I don't understand why they can't or won't bother repping the dial and the watch in general (accurately!) It would be easy and it's one of the highest class watches in history. World leaders have been wearing it for 80 years.

Edited by Vuggy

I do hope they rep that one - especially given the movement that Gran showed from Seagull. A little decoration and you are good to go. One of the things about the 5120's is that virtually all I see are precious metals. The other issue is that particular watch is just a little too subtle for a substantial portion of the rep buying population. No matter how well they made it I suspect it wouldn't sell as well as a Rolex, Breitling or Panerai. But the movement is there. I will admit that at some point many years ago I owned a gen and frankly I found it to be boring on the wrist. There was a limit to how many times I could stare at the Patek name. I got rid of it.

• 2 weeks later...

3520DG and 5120G should be more popular! I could even use a plain stainless steel or titanium copy with quartz movement.

What is wrong with the existing replicas? I have seen them listed only at suspicious sites with bogus specs, pictures etc. For example, ourwatches.net (link not allowed) has 5120G listed at 120USD.

I am also considering a real Longines Grande Classique, which is rather similar looking but not as appealing.

(First post by the way.)

3520DG and 5120G should be more popular! I could even use a plain stainless steel or titanium copy with quartz movement.

What is wrong with the existing replicas? I have seen them listed only at suspicious sites with bogus specs, pictures etc. For example, ourwatches.net (link not allowed) has 5120G listed at 120USD.

I am also considering a real Longines Grande Classique, which is rather similar looking but not as appealing.

(First post by the way.)

These are photos of the Patek replicas I have. The one on the left is a quartz 3520DG. I purchased that from a seller on Taobao.com, but it no longer seems to be available.

post-29905-0-78939100-1302423081.jpg

Edited by calatrava

I've checked with Seagull USA, and their new microrotor movement isn't scheduled to appear in a commercial watch until the end of the year, and it'll be one of their more expensive models. I'm guessing $400 or so for a Seagull branded watch, so probably a comparable amount of money for a decent replica of the Patek Calatrava based on the same movement.

I got 3520DG (33mm) from replicawatchesmen.com. No problems although I had my doubts.

The bracelet is low quality, but the watch looks similar to the original.

I think you may have been VERY lucky.

All pics are Gens and description of watches highly questionable.

The pictures carry the name of another site which has been closed down by Chanel.

Many, many warning signs here.

I think you may have been VERY lucky.

All pics are Gens and description of watches highly questionable.

The pictures carry the name of another site which has been closed down by Chanel.

Many, many warning signs here.

Indeed. And after payment they asked me to send a picture of the back of my credit card. I refused and then they just did send the watch to me.

I can take photos, but my camera may not be up to the task. At quick glance the watch looks just like the genuine seen in the picture in the beginning of this thread.

Pictures attached. Some dents can be seen.

If by dents, you're referring to the mark on the bottom right lug, this is supposed to be a hallmark (indicating the purity of the white gold), but it is poorly done, and just looks like a blemish in the finishing. I have one of these as well, and I just ended up filing it off. I have two of these watches, which I purchased off Taobao, and they are quartz based.

They're quite nicely done, but I had the chance to handle a real Patek Calatava, and at least the one I looked at had a very nice curved Sapphire crystal, whereas this replica has a flat sapphire crystal.

The caseback on this replica is quite accurate, it is mostly plain, except for some very small engraved text at the bottom saying 3520DG.

You know, the strap on yours looks fairly decent, much better than the ones I received.

Edited by calatrava

If by dents, you're referring to the mark on the bottom right lug,

I mean those on the ring. The most noticeable is at one o'clock.

They're quite nicely done, but I had the chance to handle a real Patek Calatava, and at least the one I looked at had a very nice curved Sapphire crystal, whereas this replica has a flat sapphire crystal.
Now that you mention it, I guess curved crystal would be more elegant.

• 3 months later...