When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Swiss 7753 PAM187

digisquid

Hi All

Been waiting for this new asian 7753 187 to come out... but couldnt wait any longer.

So I purchased this 7753 Swiss 187 from King, installed a date wheel from Taka. Lume, movement service and crown guard pin flattened and polished by The Zigmeister.

Wondering what you guys think?

post-15894-0-61259700-1307999493.jpg

Congrats! Great job with your 187. You got yourself a mightily-close-to-gen watch there.

Here're a few pics of my gen beater for your comparison. As I said, pretty damn close already :)

Enjoy and wear it well!

DSC02567.jpg

DSC02565.jpg

d77eeb98.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks guys and WOW bumz...187 "beater" Awesome. This will have to do until I find one, # one...at a price I can afford, # two.

Comparing to your gen, I didnt go for that much of the patina'd on the markers. I wanted it to look like it was almost new and/or just starting to turn. (depends on the lighting) Hopefully I achieved that.

I question my AR...is there a tint of blue on the gen? Mine has a blue tint, see below.

post-15894-0-63134100-1308056611.jpg

The AR is too blue on the rep. I had the opportunity to wear a friend's gen for a few months and loved it. It inspired me to go through both the original Honpo and the 7753. By the way, congrats Burnz. :thumbsupsmileyanim: 187 is one I have always lusted over.

Digisquid, if you look at B's pictures you will see the two principal flaws on the rep. The "He" should be engraved rather than raised lettering on the valve and the the actuator button is too large relative to the entire date set mechanism. Still a ridiculously good rep and that datewheel looks great.

Thanks guys and WOW bumz...187 "beater" Awesome. This will have to do until I find one, # one...at a price I can afford, # two.

Comparing to your gen, I didnt go for that much of the patina'd on the markers. I wanted it to look like it was almost new and/or just starting to turn. (depends on the lighting) Hopefully I achieved that.

I question my AR...is there a tint of blue on the gen? Mine has a blue tint, see below.

Thanks mate. I think the lume is fine if you want it to look like NOS condition. I have seen some 187 safe queens that still have not patina'd much over the years.

I wouldn't mess with the AR to be honest. Gen AR has a purplish tint, however I don't think any of the AR folks like Chief and Taka can replicate a purplish AR, so I'd leave it as is for now. Blue is better than no AR ;)

Btw, one of the more obvious tells on the rep 187 in my opinion is that its sub-dials have a glossy sheen to them. The sub-dials are pretty matte on the gen. So you could consider spraying a layer of matte coating onto the dial to reduce the glossy sheen. I've not seen it actually done before, but just an idea to consider :)

Thanks for replies guys. Really appreciate your input. (AR stays the way it is per bumz, matte spray on the sub dials...someday, if I can figure out how to do it)

I knew most of the "tells"...possibly AR and overall slight thickness differences of the case and crown, HE valve engraving, date pusher is wrong shape and possibly functions different. (having never held one, I am just going from pictures)

Anything else I am missing??

I read somewhere about this Hopno case...and understand it is really nice and even closer to the gen case. Ideas of where I could get my hands on one? Can the 7753 movement be swapped into it?

Lume shot....very happy with the work The Zigmeister performed.

post-15894-0-17786000-1308059437.jpg

The Honpo version hasn't been offered in years. And when it was offered it was as expensive as the 7753. :bangin: Also dial/tachy ring combination from 7753 does not fit in the Honpo case. You have to use the inner tachy ring which comes with the Honpo and it actually drapes over the dial cuting off a portion of it. I would wait to see what the new version looks like. By the way the functionality on your 7753 is the same as the gen other than the He valve.

Lug screws are wrong too...

Good eyes. I didn't notice it till you mentioned it.

This rep seems to have its lug holes drilled the other way wrong i.e. the lug screws go in through the left lug instead of the usual right lug.

Seems kinda odd. Most of the other 187 reps I've seen before have the lug holes drilled correctly. Might be a slight oversight during the manufacturing process.

Yes very good eyes... I forgot to mention these lug bars...my biggest pet peeve of this watch. Screw tips at both ends... arrgh. Makes changing straps, in a few words "not so easy"

Trying to modify lug spring bars to work and look right. But since the case holes are essentially the same size diameter (left and right) and the spring bar ends are not are not...its not an easy fix.

post-15894-0-11086300-1308066926.png

Yes very good eyes... I forgot to mention these lug bars...my biggest pet peeve of this watch. Screw tips at both ends... arrgh. Makes changing straps, in a few words "not so easy"

Trying to modify lug spring bars to work and look right. But since the case holes are essentially the same size diameter (left and right) and the spring bar ends are not are not...its not an easy fix.

That's interesting. The factory decided for some reason to put Pre V style lug screws on this watch. First time I've seen this on a 187 rep model.