When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

No more Portus!

concepta

Folks!

This is it! I have decided to stop making Portus!

The reason for this is that i can´t keep a good service, due to massive delays with the watch maker performing the necessary modifications for the case to accept the genuine movement.

This has been a fun time and hopefully many owners are enjoying their holy grail!

Of course will the ongoing projects be finalized but i am NOT taking on any new projects!

Thank you all!

Prudent call. It's sad but there is quite a lot of demand and only one main watchmaker to do the mods. What you don't want are delays and forcing the watchmaker to do things "quicker" and thereby reducing the overall quality of an expensive Franken Grail.

Those who have this watch, be very happy. You have a rarety in the making :p

Wow, I was about to list my 3714-38 for sale, buuuuut I think I'll hold on to it now.

Nik--this announcement only pertain to the Portuguese right? You'll still make and supply pilots, correct? If the 5001 is offered, I'll be the first in line for that!

:pimp:

Yes!

3717, Spitfire, Top Gun, Mark XVI, XVI Spitfire

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't know if anyone has successfully kept a rep movement running, but if they did, would it still be possible to put the gen dial/hands/tachy ring on the rep movement as the case wouldn't need to be reshaped?

No i think gen dial/hands is a perfect fit. It´s the movement that does not fit a rep case unless you modify it.

I don't know if anyone has successfully kept a rep movement running, but if they did, would it still be possible to put the gen dial/hands/tachy ring on the rep movement as the case wouldn't need to be reshaped?

Yes, these latest movements show good results if they serviced appropriately. Graphite is not a good solution for the sec @ 6 complications.

The IWC Index Ring must be modified to work with a rep case. IWC hands must be modified to it an Asian movement.

Mike

No i think gen dial/hands is a perfect fit. It´s the movement that does not fit a rep case unless you modify it.

I really wanted to let this go, I really did. I wanted to be peaceful about your business here but time and time again you push the limits.

I bought a set of gen hands for the rep movement and you said "my watch maker says they fit all the time"

You know there was an issue with this. I told you and others on the forum said the hands need to be broached and can be easily broken if they are to fit.

Yet you still repeat that they are a perfect fit after knowing this just to sell parts.

This kind of thing is really crappy, really crappy........

Well I think that's an issues with any gen hands used to fit on an asian movement. Its common for all those mods.

This has nothing to do with the hands or the movement.

It has to do with knowing one thing and saying another to sell an item. In fact since I posted this someone informed me even prior to when I bought the hands they had a discussion with Nik about them needing to be modded to fit. Yet when I ordered he said they were fine and now again he says they are fine.

Is that honest?

I am going to post these hands for sale soon because I cannot use them. What if i just said they fit rep movements perfectly instead of saying that they need to be broached and that two different watch smith's said its a tricky thing to do?

Would that be ok with you?