When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Review Patek Philippe Nautilus 5711

gran

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great review! I've always loved this watch. I've though about ordering one of the 1:1 reps before, just not sure I could pull off wearing a PP in public. Omega and Rolex might be believable on me, but Patek is a little (okay, a lot) out of my conceivable price range! Anyways, thanks for the review and pictures.

• 2 weeks later...

That is a great review mate... Great effort.... and clearly its very much appreciated by us all :)

I am almost tempted myself !!!

On second thoughts... where is my PAM catalogue ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Great Review!!! It was pleasure reading it.

So from what I'm seeing the new updated gold model uses updated SW200-1.

I imagine the SS with blue face as well as other models should follow with SW200-1 soon.

Does anyone have any info as far as that?

I'm looking forward to getting the SS Blue face version.

Thanks!

Thanks Calatrava,

As a matter of fact now that I looked really closely at the pictures I noticed in a closeup that the latest one added has SW200-1 http://www.puretimewatch.com/product/nautilus-5711-ss-blue-dial-11-best-edition-sw200/ I like the fact that he has dates that show when the watch was added to the site so you can have an idea if this is a newer or older model.

From reading your posts I see that you are Patek expert. I decided to finally get away from Panerai, only keep one, and move towards more high end brands like Patek, A.Lange, JLC etc, as it suits me better at this time.

In any case, I see that this particular Nautilus on Puretime's site looks like a best deal and the fact that it uses a movement that's actually many other Gen brands use and charge thousands if pretty cool for a rep.

Thanks!!

Both my Blue SS Nautiluses used the SW200-1, and one of them was the very first Blue versions.

• 1 month later...

The myth has become reality: Genuine PATEK with other colours than blue dial on SS bracelett....or is it white gold?

UPDATE base on thread on BASEL WORLD 2012 by edgematic1

DSC_0230.jpg

http://www.hodinkee....-a-white-d.html

The modern Patek Philippe "Jumbo", reference 5711/A is indeed one of those classic watches that you simply can't argue with. It is the kind of watch that everyone in the watch world has respect for, and no matter the occasion, the Nautilus in steel just looks good.

Today at Basel World 2012, Patek Philippe introduced the same 5711/A that we love so much, but this time with a crystal clear white dial. It, honestly, changes the look of the Nautilus completely, and makes it entirely more sporty than that with the blue/grey dial.

With this Nautilus you also have black oxidized hands and markers, and the color of the luminova has been changed from green to white. The standard Nautilus 5711 with blue/grey dial will, of course, remain in production, and both will retail for $26,700.

For you Patek nerds out there, the official reference number of the white dial Nautilus will be: 5711/A/011

Patek5711White.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, I've heard that ladies have an extra hole.

Great review and pictorial.

haha! :lol:

I think I will have to get one of these, although they are not cheap... Blue or white, though? White looks awesome but blue is more discreet and more wearable for work... I will just have to buy both, I think :D

• 9 months later...

Hi guys! I'm new to this forum, and I really enjoyed that review, really nice of you to compare with the original...

Thinking of ordering one from Mary (5711G), but I just have a concern about strap changes in the future. I live in Singapore (quite humid) and change watch straps frequently.

Isn't it difficult to change straps on a Nautilus replica? There was a guy who did it on RWI and apparently he had to sand the side lugs down to fit an OEM PP replica as the rep lugs are too big!

Anyone here has experiences of changing Nautilus straps? Would appreciate any help...

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...