When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

005 comparison... HF vs. gen

projectologist

The one with the textured strap is the rep. Bezel looks taller and lever looks thicker where the wheel is.

Am I right ?

Yep, the 2nd pic in all of the comparos is the rep. The apparent bezel difference might be more a factor of the iPhone, it's slight angle difference as well as the distance from the watch (all pics were cropped down a lot).

amazing quality. I cant believe how cheap the rep is compared to gen. Quality looks superb. to me the only thing that stands out is the dial color of gen is a bit blacker. All in all, it would be hard to tell them apart w/o having a gen next to it. I d get one if i did not own a 001. maybe some day will pick up a modded 005 with a nice strap and all the corrections done, but so far straight out of factory its pretty hot.

• Like 1

amazing quality. I cant believe how cheap the rep is compared to gen. Quality looks superb. to me the only thing that stands out is the dial color of gen is a bit blacker. All in all, it would be hard to tell them apart w/o having a gen next to it. I d get one if i did not own a 001. maybe some day will pick up a modded 005 with a nice strap and all the corrections done, but so far straight out of factory its pretty hot.

Actually the dials are exactly the same darkness/shade of black. It's hard to get that across with an iPhone camera, shooting outdoors and dealing with reflections.

Hey R-

Great to see you around. :thumbsupsmileyanim: Excellent thread. I always knew the rep was good but didn't know it was that good. How you do these pics with your phone is a mystery to me (yes I know you have posted how-to's before).

Thanks W! Yeah life got in the way for awhile, but I'm getting back to it and will try not to be such a stranger :)

Steady hands with the iPhone and selective touch focus, and with these I rested the phone on the same surface or a thick book on the same surface as the watch.

• 7 months later...

That's ver cool to see them both side by side, especially shot together. So many tiny differences but it is pretty crazy how far the reps have "matured" up to this point.

I still like the Genuine much better, it's really all about the attention to details, quality of materials and finishing, and many other things.

As a matter of fact I was just looking at super mint, like new Gen 112M, $4350, which I guess is not super bad from $5700 MSRP. That's around 24% off the MSRP... but the reps are sooo close...

That's ver cool to see them both side by side, especially shot together. So many tiny differences but it is pretty crazy how far the reps have "matured" up to this point.

I still like the Genuine much better, it's really all about the attention to details, quality of materials and finishing, and many other things.

As a matter of fact I was just looking at super mint, like new Gen 112M, $4350, which I guess is not super bad from $5700 MSRP. That's around 24% off the MSRP... but the reps are sooo close...

I live in SoCal too and you should be able to pick up a LN 112 for closer to 3700-3900, especially with such a high density of collectors in our region.

Thanks for the info, I would not mind picking one up in that price range for sure. I should look around then. I keep checking paneristi site but I haven't really found any other places. Do you have any suggestions where should I look? Thanks a lot!

I live in SoCal too and you should be able to pick up a LN 112 for closer to 3700-3900, especially with such a high density of collectors in our region.