When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new SOH franken project

cougaree

I think next I'm going to do is to get an aftermarket mesh bracelet. I use to have a gen one, but it's too nice for me to use it, so I passed it on to another member. :)

When should I be expecting it? :whistling:

:pimp:

Not for a long while :) I will let you know when I change my mind.. hehe.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all! My first post...should this procedure be as easy to V1 also? Are there any differencies to V2 that could make changing gen dial more difficult?

Procedure is identical. Dial diameter difference between V1 and V2 is 0.2mm. But it doesn't even matter since the case has extra room regardless. You can swap dials all day long between V1-V2-Gen.

• 2 weeks later...

What is the difference in the dial you bought from Ebay compared to most of the gen ones? It has "Swiss made" in the dial but usually gens don't have. I bought same dial from Ebay and it has also the text. Is it made for different market or is it another Heritage model?

Maybe the SOH expert, Krypster, can comment. The gens I've seen have the Swiss Made above the ticks.

:pimp:

Near as I can figure the "Swiss Made" was introduced recently, either this year or last I am not certain, and has to do with date of manufacture. It is starting to appear on many other models as well where historically there was no such marking. Initially I thought it might be a regional thing but after some research I found this not to be the case as some examples with the Swiss Made were purchased in areas where previously the model did not have the indication.

Near as I can figure the "Swiss Made" was introduced recently, either this year or last I am not certain, and has to do with date of manufacture. It is starting to appear on many other models as well where historically there was no such marking. Initially I thought it might be a regional thing but after some research I found this not to be the case as some examples with the Swiss Made were purchased in areas where previously the model did not have the indication.

Thanks for the informative answer, krpster! It is a relief to know that the both versions are genuine. I will post pictures of my watch after it arrives back from dial swap and AR coating. Might take some time...:)

• 5 weeks later...

An oddity indeed. I was actually thinking about that when I was posting. It does look like a V2 bezel. At first I thought maybe you had a V3 but the dial printing and date wheel is still all V1. Then I thought maybe V1.5 but it usually has the V1 bezel. Perhaps a transitional V1.5 then :)