When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex tube tool

thats what i figured.

i found this one on ebay. seems reasonably priced...sort of...maybe. well compared to others.

ebay tube tool

to remove the old style tube i used an ez out screw xtractor bit/pin vise and a soldering gun to heat up the tube first.. came out nicely. believe it or not it was harder to remove the tube from the xtractor bit afterwards.

There is indeed a difference between old and new tubes. The new tubes have the fluted flange at the crown side opening of the tube whereas the old style has the fluting at the case side base of the tube (inside the portion that threads into the case). So, the diameters are different.

thats what i figured.

i found this one on ebay. seems reasonably priced...sort of...maybe. well compared to others.

ebay tube tool

to remove the old style tube i used an ez out screw xtractor bit/pin vise and a soldering gun to heat up the tube first.. came out nicely. believe it or not it was harder to remove the tube from the xtractor bit afterwards.

We sell, or used to sell that tool.

http://watchbitz.com...d&productId=137

It shows as "Out of stock" although I do have stocks!

I stopped selling it as everyone who tried to use it had issues, and I ended up refunding too many times!

I am currently in GZ and this is one of my missions, although to date no one has shown me anything else!!

If you want one of the ebay ones, I can help you at a fair bit less than that price, but I have little confidence it will work.

FWIW, I have used one a couple of times, and it has taken some persistence, and heating etc to get it to work, but I did manage.

I can understand the frustration however, and this is why we deleted it from the inventory.

Offshore

We sell, or used to sell that tool.

http://watchbitz.com...d&productId=137

It shows as "Out of stock" although I do have stocks!

I stopped selling it as everyone who tried to use it had issues, and I ended up refunding too many times!

I am currently in GZ and this is one of my missions, although to date no one has shown me anything else!!

If you want one of the ebay ones, I can help you at a fair bit less than that price, but I have little confidence it will work.

FWIW, I have used one a couple of times, and it has taken some persistence, and heating etc to get it to work, but I did manage.

I can understand the frustration however, and this is why we deleted it from the inventory.

Offshore

how well does it install new tubes? i can remove tubes with my current setup but if i used a reamer it would strip the inner tube threads and may not install tight. i hope you find some good tube tools on your adventure

Here in Alaska we don't use tube removing tools, those are for pansies anyway. We just set the case on a stump and use a .223 high powered rifle. The extreme cold makes the tube real brittle and you just aim real careful and BLAMMO. No more tube. Don't miss. Or set the case on a woodstove for a minute to get it good and hot, then use a triangular file, jam it in the hole and unscrew that sucker.

It's slicker than wolverine snot on a doorknob to put the new tube in, just goo the threads up with Loctite Blue and screw it into the case. Then screw the crown onto the tube, and use your manly thumb and index finger to screw that sucker down tight. The crown will bottom out on the tube, then the tube will screw further into the case, until the crown touches down. Bingo, perfect install every time.

• 2 months later...

Here in Alaska we don't use tube removing tools, those are for pansies anyway. We just set the case on a stump and use a .223 high powered rifle. The extreme cold makes the tube real brittle and you just aim real careful and BLAMMO. No more tube. Don't miss. Or set the case on a woodstove for a minute to get it good and hot, then use a triangular file, jam it in the hole and unscrew that sucker.

It's slicker than wolverine snot on a doorknob to put the new tube in, just goo the threads up with Loctite Blue and screw it into the case. Then screw the crown onto the tube, and use your manly thumb and index finger to screw that sucker down tight. The crown will bottom out on the tube, then the tube will screw further into the case, until the crown touches down. Bingo, perfect install every time.

Oh so is that what happened to your DRSD that you sent me ;)

Oh so is that what happened to your DRSD that you sent me ;)

You got it baby. Sorry about the wolverine snot! It does wash out with soap and water.

Hint: DON'T GO OUTSIDE for awhile. Wolverines are mightily attracted to the snot of their mates.

:black_eye:

• 2 weeks later...