When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which wood inlay?

So Nixon lost the watch I sent them... And they no longer make that model watch - fuu them! I really liked that watch :(

Anyways, they offered me the $ I originally bought it for 2 years ago. However i have to put it towards a new watch from there site. The price of their watches has gone up over the years haha.

Everything I really like is quite expensive, but I found this one which is just.. well.. unique haha

So I was thinking I might as well try something different since my options are limited.

Which of these wood inlays do you guys like best:

Walnut wood

c6e4c350-21e3-dff1.jpg

c6e4c350-2201-77fa.jpg

c6e4c350-221e-4eb9.jpg

Or Teak wood

c6e4c350-223e-b53e.jpg

c6e4c350-2271-d5c2.jpg

c6e4c350-2289-353a.jpg

What do you guys think?

Edited by seventhexile

Its such a spaced out watch so i think walnut is boring on this one.

So i would go with the teak :)

I would have said 'understated' ;) Personally, I prefer the walnut, it creates a nice contrast, where I think the teak looks a bit 'washed out' by comparison :lol:

Walnut. Teak is too ... something.

If they lost your watch ... inexcusable ... they could at least offer to give you a newer model, instead of the value yo paid 2 years ago.

It costs a lot less to make a watch than you think.

Edited by Jkay

And I like the walnut. Makes me imagine Don Draper's office in the first three seasons or some mid-century bachelor pad. I also think because of how dark it is, it would mesh easier with dressier outfits. I imagine the guy wearing the teak version has board shorts and a flower print shirt on (which I think is supposed to be Nixon's demographic, though).

Edited by VespaMatt

+1 with JK.... Why are they only offering you the price of the watch 2 years ago?

Surely if they except responsibility then the price should be what it would cost to buy one today..... and if its no longer available then surely the value goes up in replacement terms... ??

Thx guys went for the walnut one.

I definitely think it will be an interesting watch haha

Still miss my old watch though, but hey life goes one - make the best of what you're given right :p

+1 with JK.... Why are they only offering you the price of the watch 2 years ago?

Surely if they except responsibility then the price should be what it would cost to buy one today..... and if its no longer available then surely the value goes up in replacement terms... ??

You know normally I'd argue with them to no end over something like this, but Nixon has been really good to me in the past.

On a good note the new watch does come with a full 2 year warranty and all that jaz.. :p at least that's sometime haha

What an interesting design. Quite intriguing.

The Walnut's a nice look, but at the same time also reminds me of the wood panneling found on the side of a station wagon :)

The teak has a bit of a cleaner look, I think; I also like the direction (north/south) of the teak's grain, as well as the contrast of the grain. Adds just a bit more depth and character.

But overall, both look nice.

I was waiting for someone to post this comment- :bangin:

Right up there with "use the search feature," and "GLWTS!" :whistling:

No - not so.

A watch is meant to be worn. Your skin colour is the base from which the rest follows.

It doesn't matter how it looks on it's own.

Hence: Look at yourself. Especially when you are looking at nuances of the same colour as is the case here.

Edited by mbjoer

No - not so.

A watch is meant to be worn. Your skin colour is the base from which the rest follows.

It doesn't matter how it looks on it's own.

Hence: Look at yourself. Especially when you are looking at nuances of the same colour as is the case here.

I always like to try on a watch at an AD before buying a rep of it haha.

Sadly though no AD's around here sell this specific Nixon watch.

Had to do this one all by guesstimation :p

I always like to try on a watch at an AD before buying a rep of it haha.

Sadly though no AD's around here sell this specific Nixon watch.

Had to do this one all by guesstimation :p

Use your own colouring as the starting point for the guesstimation.

I am pale, blond and blue. On me the teak would look best.

I say that even though on it's own I prefer the walnut for it's warmer colouring.

What is right for you?