When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How OP make a PAM

PeteM

Thanks for sharing, that was brilliant. One question though, I thought most of the PAMs have ETA movements so I was surprised to see them putting the movement together like that. Do Panerai license the movement and build it themselves? Sorry for the noob question.

Thanks for sharing, that was brilliant. One question though, I thought most of the PAMs have ETA movements so I was surprised to see them putting the movement together like that. Do Panerai license the movement and build it themselves? Sorry for the noob question.

The newer automatics are in-house movements :)

I had posted some pics of production stages of the PAM cases here but decided to move them to a new thread on here :)

Thanks guys :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Not being an expert by a stretch of the imagination.... but surely the point is that they are only testing water resistance to a nominal depth whereas the CG is designed to stop the pressure at depth from popping out the crown or reducing the ability of the gaskets....

IE the CG lever is designed for maintaining the watch in deep sea though the watch should still be water resistant (Nominally) without the CG.... also underlines why they test the lever tension...