When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sea-Dweller Polizia di Stato

82KUBA

Hey Guys,

So i know very Little about Rolex but I once had a SSD V2 and it was very cool. I sold it to fund another project but now im missing my SSD.

Im aware the the SSD is no longer being produced but I bumped into this watch from Angus: http://puretimewatch.com/product/sea-dweller-16600-polizia-di-stato-sommozzatori-limited-edition/?sent=yes#product-request and Im loving the dial! I read that its not a great rep but i also read that its the same case/braclet as the SSD... Is this true ? and how bad of a rep is this ?

i really want a Cool Sub or Dweller that i can swim in for my collection but dont know were to start. Any pointers Guys?

Thank,

Kuba

I picked up that model 4-5 months ago. Angus was out of the SSDv2 as are most of the other dealers that I know of. This watch is an SSDv2 with the correct SN- Z549117, and I've been happy with it so far. But I modded mine. First off, I had jmb drill the lugholes and bracelet for 2mm springbars. When I got the watch back I realized that it was a solid mid link bracelet, the earlier SSDs had the correct hollow mid link bracelet, but things are always changing over in China. Also, the bracelet has polished sides, but I'll brush those out some day. The Rolex emblem on the clasp sucks, but for now I'm just wearing it. I might swap in a noob bracelet at some point.

Mine came with the asian 2836 which was working fine, but I swapped in a swiss 2836 which came out of an old Paul's DRSD. The cool thing about the movement was that it has a silver datewheel w/ open 6's and 9's. I've seen early 16800s which had the silver DW, kind of a carry over from the old 1680s, so I figured it would work for my 16660 which is what I'm trying to build.

This week I installed a matte dial from Yuki.

16660.jpg

I'll probably get the dial and hands relumed- to a less yellow color, install a gen bezel insert, trim the cgs some more and install a gen crown and tube. But it's a work in progress so for right now I'm just enjoying the watch. I don't know if it's WR, but I'll get it tested at some point. I'll probably epoxy the HE valve as a safety precaution anyway.

• 6 years later...