When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Incoming goodies :)

concepta

3x IWC 3717-09 St Exp dial and hands-set

2x IWC 3717-12 Laureus Sport for Good Foundation dial and hands-set,

3x IWC 3714-17 dial and hands-set

2x IWC 3714-32 Laureus Sport for Good Foundation dial and hands-set

2x IWC 3714-38 dial and hands-set

2x IWC 3789 Top Gun dial and hands-set,

5x IWC 3714-01 tachymeter ring

5x IWC 3714-38 tachymeter ring

10x IWC 3714-01 tube and crown, stainless steel

Let´s make some babies!

Nik,

I suspected as much!

Thanks for confirming.

It is a shame though that we have to fill this subforum with Solicitations for business.

I guess we will have to wade through these to find the great things that others have created.

Got your PM, thanks!

Mike

It is a shame though that we have to fill this subforum with Solicitations for business.

I guess we will have to wade through these to find the great things that others have created.

This is without a doubt the most absurd complaint I have ever heard.

Drop to your knees and thank your maker that this community has people like Concepta. I have never bought one of his pieces and probably never will but I know what someone whom I should admire looks like.

"I have never bought one of his pieces and probably never will ... "

Thank you for your honesty, and admitting your personal experience.

"Drop to your knees and thank your maker that this community has people like Concepta."

No offense, Jkay, but do you know the meaning of the word hyperbole?

Nik supplies parts, and has a watchmaker assemble them.

Not to take anything away from Nik, but what part of that should make me want to approach God and give thanks?!

I do thousands of dollars per month in IWC parts, source very limited parts, create custom parts, and do 01/01 watches that can take 4 - 6 months to complete.

Some of the things I do cannot be photographed, and the way that some of these things came about cannot be revealed by me or my clients.

And yet I don't take out full page threads to advertise.

I have considered these sub-forums to be a place where we can educate each other about this great craft, show what we have purchased, and support one another.

This would be a great place for Domi and other watchmakers to advertise their craftsmanship, and yet they do not.

Why?

Nik is in advertising, and I am sure that influences way he does things.

To me, it draws value from this forum when he promotes "I have ordered these things, come buy from me."

I mean, to say, "I don't have these things in my possession yet, but let's do business" that's just bold.

And this is not to say that Nik won't deliver ... in no way am I implying that.

However, I find this style of post to be self-promoting.

And for those that don't know, Nik, Hugo, and I talk to each other. Or, let me speak for myself, I talk to Nik and Hugo, and assume that they talk to each other. If Hugo needs help with something, I'm there to help him out. I am sure he would do the same. I don't consider this to be a bitter, cut-throat competition. I think we are all here because we love IWC watches and want to help you have the best watch you can afford. It just seems like one of the trio seems to bring more attention to himself. :whistling:

A final note to Jkay. When I am able to post pictures of these special things that I do, please don't make comments like 'thank your creator' about me. Complimenting the watch will be the highest praise I will recieve.

Best Regards,

Mike

I do thousands of dollars per month in IWC parts, source very limited parts, create custom parts, and do 01/01 watches that can take 4 - 6 months to complete.

Some of the things I do cannot be photographed, and the way that some of these things came about cannot be revealed by me or my clients.

And yet I don't take out full page threads to advertise.

I have to dog in this fight but this sounds like the self promotion you have accused concepta to do. All I know is I've seen the work and the happy customers on his side ...

having said that, a sales/dealer section for IWC parts is not a bad idea.

txcollector,

Please don't take this the wrong way, this is not a fight, and I am not inviting Nik to 'Step Outside.'

We are not bitter rivals. We both have a passion for IWC and this craft. And we want others to benefit from our good fortune - suppliers who make these parts available to us.

(Nik, I say we, and I hope that I am not speaking out of turn.)

It is hard to request modesty when I demonstrate something the opposite!

I was trying to say that I too, could dedicate a post exclusively to parts I am selling.

It wasn't mean to highlight the work I do ... but you should see what I am working on now! Just kidding.

Your point is well taken, and thanks for the opportunity to clarify.

It is a grey area to me as to how we let you know what products are available and how to inspire you, and what is self-promotion.

Personally, I would like to see more of the watches that I make ... I mean that WE make, and less posting that encourages you to buy what was just made.

txc, I think we have exchanged PM's before.

I am in Arlington, and ready for a North Texas get together.

Take care,

Mike

Texski: Yes; I know what hyperbole is. And it looks like you know exactly what a straw man is, as well. Good job beating up on imaginary arguments, in order to to stare me down. I am delighted to have been missed completely by every single point you made.

I've been posting to the Internet since '92 and have come to be able to sense all too well when someone's doctor is still trying to balance their mood medication. I bid you good day, Sir.

I was trying to say that I too, could dedicate a post exclusively to parts I am selling.

Not with out the correct status you cant, and i would hate to think that anyone one would be soliciting work here again with out contributing to the board.

Let me get this right?

Concepta is a longstanding 3+ year contributing member...

Not only in status that directly contributes to the forums existence, but to the community as a whole with his wisdom, experience, and offerings...

Tried and true...

And you Mr. Arlington...

A 90 day noob who has yet to contribute anything...

May I suggest you STFU...

Or find yourself another board to spread your crap...

TT

PS: I'm in a real shitty mood so don't fuck with me...

Not with out the correct status you cant, and i would hate to think that anyone one would be soliciting work here again with out contributing to the board.

Actually Andy, I sent a PM to Admin asking for clarification on the different membership levels a while back.

I haven't had a response.

I have tried.

I'll respond personally to the others, as I don't see how it benefits the community.

Mike

Thanks guys! You warm a old heart!

And Tex..let´s please discuss any issues you/we might have via PMs,,now it all feels like throwing dirt....

I´m getting tired being bashed all the time by certain members.. so maybe this will be the final and last projects.

Now i am off for a two weeks vacation in the sun

C ya around my brothas from other mothas

As some of you might know, I have been very outspoken in the past about these kind of things and I have had a few issues with some things Concepta has said and how he has handled communication. Including a parts order that he was not totally upfront about in my personal experience.

I will suck up my pride and say when it comes to quality pieces of the highest level he pretty much takes the cake.

This is coming from someone who is most likely blacklisted from anything he will ever sell.

I apologize to the forum for getting overly excited about these issues in the past.

PS: I'm in a real shitty mood so don't [censored] with me...

Why isn't your f*ck [censored]? :lol:

Don't let your mood pull the trigger on something you might regret in the future TT! I must admit the tone of voice of this thread isn't very pleasant when reading but my gut feeling says something good can come out of it ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Nik

Please response to my e-mail

my budget transferred to you on 25rh, April

up to now, i did not receive tang buckle and brown croc strap yet

i was trying to connect with you in e-mail but no response yet

if you see this message, please let me know when i might receive items

Good day

best,

ddebo

Hello Concepta,

Would you please answer my PM, i really would like to have informations concerning this one. I'm ready to buy it but with gen movt that you are able to provide.

IWC-Watches-Portuguese-Chrono-Auto-SS-White-White-Asia-7750-28800bph-12-1.jpg

Best regards

Eric

I believe he said he isn't making any Poruguese's anymore