When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 292 problem with the strap bars

ilanB

well finaly the watch came back from Andrew (3 months round trip :( ).

They installed my pantaime deployment starp for me (pics will follow later) but...Gess what, one lug is still moving a little not acceptable :nono: but Im not going to resend it, what the point.

Since I have the pantime lug and screw set I will try replacing them and loctite it together. If this wont work I will superglue everything and thats it.

Edited by ilanB

well finaly the watch came back from Andrew (3 months round trip :( ).

They installed my pantaime deployment starp for me (pics will follow later) but...Gess what, one lug is still moving a little not acceptable :nono: but Im not going to resend it, what the point.

Since I have the pantime lug and screw set I will try replacing them and loctite it together. If this wont work I will superglue everything and thats it.

you have to use glue. there is a ring where is screwed caseback, the ring moves but if you put glue in it to the case of ceramic then all problems are solved. at the end the screws properly tighten the lugs and the lugs do not move more of their seats.

read also this

Thanks for the link :-)

just so I understand better (Im noob, very noob :-) ).

U glue the inner case to the outer one so that the screws will not push it out ? did I understand correctly ?

If so, to sprate the two i need to push out the inner case, spread glue between them and replace it ?

Thanks

Thanks for the link :-)

just so I understand better (Im noob, very noob :-) ).

U glue the inner case to the outer one so that the screws will not push it out ? did I understand correctly ?

If so, to sprate the two i need to push out the inner case, spread glue between them and replace it ?

Thanks

immagine2zo.jpg

I use the photo of Harmtol hoping him does not take offense. @iLanb you have to push out as much as possible the red area, put the glue in the red area, press hard, wait until the glue dries. the problem is solved

thanks,

Unfortunately I dont know how to open the watch, I figure out I need to dismantle stuff Im not sure will be able to (no tools nor knowledge).

So went for a crude solution, since I got with him a new Croc deployment strap from pantime, I decided to lock the lugs in place with the strap. Used J-B weld in the lugs holes and loctite on the screws (just so they will stay there). Now will give it good 24 hours to dry but already after 12h it seems very tight.

When / if I will need to ever replace the strap it will be probably a new rep also ;-)