When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

REVIEW: Panerai PAM 112M

redwatch

Hello folks,

Well it's been a while since I've done one of these, but I figured the new H-Factory PAM 112M deserved a shining review! I got this one from Andrew @ Trustytime. Service was great and shipping, as usual, was extremely fast! Once I got it, I immediately put on my GEN black calf strap with tang buckle and it is a great combo.

As you all know, the biggest issue with the sandwich dial PAM's has always been the font. The 6 & 9 have always been off (it seems like they just copied the font style of the sausage dial - which is NOT the same). My original 112H that I had has this flaw, and unfortunately, once it was pointed out to me I just couldn't deal with it anymore (I know I am being too picky).

Anyways, the H-factory has been putting out some incredible reps lately, and this new 112M is no exception. It is quite amazing to me. The dial texture is excellent, the lume is superb and on par with my previous 112H dial which is vaclumed. The roller CG is nice and tight and when you release it, the crown comes out away from the hex tube nicely. Winding is smooth and creamy too. Since I haven't seen too many gens, I can't really comment on the quality of the "platinum plated" movement, but it sure does look pretty nice.

Enough of my ramblings. As usual, I'll let the pictures do the talking :D

79206481.jpg

5dd984c1.jpg

cdc1b9e9.jpg

1944fcfa.jpg

e276c8c0.jpg

7c7018d0.jpg

d5346284.jpg

2beb8ba1.jpg

4f82d184.jpg

15ee09dc.jpg

40ed0086.jpg

f2017749.jpg

299633fc.jpg

a59b8f7e.jpg

b5b60940.jpg

2cd4a62d.jpg

LUME!!!! (shot at F4 and 1/8 shutter speed)

a73bf36d.jpg

0df9a61d.jpg

Comparison to my vaclumed 112H

8b43ef37.jpg

30d8cf28.jpg

After 10 minutes - Same Camera Settings

29b7a5f0.jpg

And the wristie

571b2db2.jpg

Thanks for the review. What's wrong with the 'i' and 'n' in de OP engraving on the back of the movement... looks printed by the way.

Yup... it is printed and some of the printing is wearing off. Not surprising really - but I really don't care about the movement to be honest. The case build quality, the dial quality and CG quality were my main concerns really. I will probably swap out the movement for my swiss one with asian bridges. Still debating on that one.

Red, thanks for the review; I could've sworn when I was looking at your first pic, I said, "hey, that does not look like a sandwich dial at all!" of course, we quickly see the dial in the second picture.... :D

I am also in the camp that is looking for the base 000 as well. I had checked with Josh via email. he told me that it may be coming out next month, so those of you that are in the same boat as me, stay tuned I suppose, and see if the rumors do come true.

That is one fantastic looking 112 right out of the box! Congrats.

Edit: Wow, that was my 700th posts? I know it is a tiny number compared to some of you old timers, but I don't think I have accrued 700 posts in any of the forums I participated in. I think the most post that I have in any other internet forum is less than 300 posts. And how fitting, most posts in the forum that I do love most.....

Edited by Woody

Congrats on your 700th post Woody! And thanks for the comments :D

So it's been over week since I got the 112 and it's still a looker to me. Power reserve seems a little low though. I haven't gotten even close to a full day out of it. My swiss 6497 used to last quite a bit longer. I always wind 40 turns from empty.

Probably needs a cleaning and lube (as usual)