When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bomb went of in the middle of Oslo,Norway

Dani

Aye. Any belief (religion, racism, etc) that tells you that killing innocent individuals is acceptable, is a belief this world can do without.

Unfortunately it's not the religions, as all are against slaughter of innocents, but the few fanatics who pervert the words of their God.

Ken

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I know.

But I doubt kids that young have any strong political views... how could they? When you're 14 you live with your parents and don't know much about real adult life. Most of those kids have probably joined because their friends were there. Like boy scouts/girl scouts, etc. Just a hobby and place to gather.

Edit: This is straight from the guy's "manifest". What a complete psycho indeed.

The way I see it, he's making sure they don't develop strong left-wing political views (which is what such a political camp would no doubt engender) Think of it being like the first Terminator movie: The Terminator was preventing John Connor from defeating Skynet by attempting to ensure he was never born, or, to quote Dr. Silberman, a king of 'retrocative abortion'. Consider that in say 25/30 years time, any one of those kids there could have been the Norwegian primeminister and signed in a load of left-wing policies which go against nationalistic principles... Killing them as children prevents them from doing such a thing... It's the kind of cold (if flawed) logic I'd expect from a sociopath, I just hope that Norway has the death sentence, this guy deserves nothing less :thumbdown:

Unfortunately it's not the religions, as all are against slaughter of innocents, but the few fanatics who pervert the words of their God.

Ken

Precisely...

police used 1,5hour to get their, that is just plain sick..I could be their from when I hear about it faster so could the police..I live 20min from Utøya so does one of the largest Police districts in Norway..

when you now kids are being killed you dont wait on some super cops to arrive you take your glock and run into a boat and try stop it even if it takes your life in trying..

police used 1,5hour to get their, that is just plain sick..I could be their from when I hear about it faster so could the police..I live 20min from Utøya so does one of the largest Police districts in Norway..

when you now kids are being killed you dont wait on some super cops to arrive you take your glock and run into a boat and try stop it even if it takes your life in trying..

Yeah that 1,5 hours sounds ridiculous. Did they swim there or what? I'm sure the Norwegian police will have something to explain.

But weren't they dealing with the explosion in Oslo? Could their resources simply have been over-stretched?

I don't know if Norway has the death sentence or not, it's not something I would normally advocate.

However there are cases such as the Bali bombers and now this guy who simply fall into a grey area where life imprisonment just doesn't meet the crime.

To me the big danger is that this guy, if interned, can actually acquire followers or copycat murderers.

Ken

I don't know if Norway has the death sentence or not, it's not something I would normally advocate.

However there are cases such as the Bali bombers and now this guy who simply fall into a grey area where life imprisonment just doesn't meet the crime.

To me the big danger is that this guy, if interned, can actually acquire followers or copycat murderers.

Ken

I read an interesting perspective on the death sentence a while back from someone who believed that it was wrong for 'punishments' to be inflicted by anyone on anything for any reason. That seemed a bit :blink::bangin: to me, but their opinion on the death sentence was that it could be viewed as the ultimate way of 'isolating' a dangerous individual from society for their [society's] protection. I thought it was an interesting perspective, to say the least :unsure:

Yeah that 1,5 hours sounds ridiculous. Did they swim there or what? I'm sure the Norwegian police will have something to explain.

Helicopter Pilots for the only police helicopter was on vacation.

And the boat special ops police used stopped in the middle of the ocean for 10minuts.

Bomb was a direct plan to distract the Police but even so they should have used no more then 45minuts to arrive into the island, if only 2 regular cops that should at least been tried, you become a cop to serve the people not your own life...And you should be willing to risk your life for saving others, not use 20-30min waiting on super cops getting dressed in the armour and auto weapons.

In Norway police don't have the same attitude as Police officers in the US, I only now Police their and Norway so cant comment on other country's, police in Norway are straight out pussies..

More civilian people risked their life then any cop that showed up, they even ignored Police request to get into safe area so they could rescue over 250 people from the water and the outscirt of the Island.

Helicopter Pilots for the only police helicopter was on vacation.

And the boat special ops police used stopped in the middle of the ocean for 10minuts.

Bomb was a direct plan to distract the Police but even so they should have used no more then 45minuts to arrive into the island, if only 2 regular cops that should at least been tried, you become a cop to serve the people not your own life...And you should be willing to risk your life for saving others, not use 20-30min waiting on super cops getting dressed in the armour and auto weapons.

In Norway police don't have the same attitude as Police officers in the US, I only now Police their and Norway so cant comment on other country's, police in Norway are straight out pussies..

More civilian people risked their life then any cop that showed up, they even ignored Police request to get into safe area so they could rescue over 250 people from the water and the outscirt of the Island.

Spot on bro, sounds like they've got some major explaining to do <_<

Just a question; How were police alerted to the island massacre?

I mean it's one thing to criticize them for slow response but if all they had was some kind of panicked call from teenagers (who may not have actually know what was happening) then the bombing would have taken preference.

Ken

My heart go's out to the family and friends of these young people,horrific tragedy. I beleive the person responsible for this should be made to suffer. I know that wont bring back the lives of these kids, but sometimes society needs to return the favor. His nuts and a tree In the middle of town square come to mind,bastard.

Just a question; How were police alerted to the island massacre?

I mean it's one thing to criticize them for slow response but if all they had was some kind of panicked call from teenagers (who may not have actually know what was happening) then the bombing would have taken preference.

Ken

Grown people around called for help around 5min after the first shots and kids im sure called after 1min..

Either way police are dodging bullets due to have tragic it is, but its already being raised questions in media here..

If this was the US then we would have to look at many groups that can do this, in Norway we really only need to look at one group radical Islam.

One radical Islam guy was shouting in a protest whit around 1200 people around him that Norway could be the next London and at least 80% cheered him on and when they had an counter protest to this around 10 people show up, Nuff said!!

[added emphasis above is mine]

I understand you were upset when this statement was made, but hopefully you've since reflected on it and seen the dangers of jumping to such conclusions. We do too much of that here in the States, where (aside from 9/11) our "terrorists" are home-grown as well. Extremism, not Islam, is the real enemy... in whichever form it takes.

[added emphasis above is mine]

I understand you were upset when this statement was made, but hopefully you've since reflected on it and seen the dangers of jumping to such conclusions. We do too much of that here in the States, where (aside from 9/11) our "terrorists" are home-grown as well. Extremism, not Islam, is the real enemy... in whichever form it takes.

that statement was made just after the bomb long before the shooting started, it was an hour between.

if it was radical Islam behind their would be at least 2 other bombs in more populated areas within the same time line and many more victims.

I would not take this site seriously.

It quotes the Telegraph, which I do follow. It has not taken this story up at all. If there was something they certainly wood.

Let's not spread conspiracy theories here.

It actually quotes Jon Snow, who is a respected journalist...

Dani,

I haven't really been active on these forums lately but my first thought was of you and other Norwegian members here.

I hope that you and your loved ones are safe and that your country can heal from this horrific tragedy.