When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Chronopassion V3

I have to say- As far as reps go, the Chronopassion is definitely high on my list. It's been a long time since I've purchased a rep (maybe close to 2 years), but I'm glad I went with this one (thanks watchmeister for the nudge in the right direction).

IMG_6313.jpg

Dave- If you've not given one of these a try yet, it may be time :)

And to think I have just gotten the AP Diver, mate. Your CP pics are creating a stir in my head now. :lol:

Dave should really jump onto the AP bandwagon, he will not regret it. :)

Sent from my SGS II

I have to say- As far as reps go, the Chronopassion is definitely high on my list. It's been a long time since I've purchased a rep (maybe close to 2 years), but I'm glad I went with this one (thanks watchmeister for the nudge in the right direction).

Ya, Chronopassion is my first new rep in a few years as well...still waiting for it to show up! :(

Hi Ubi!

I am also turning round and round in my bed every evening thinking of finally getting a new rep.

Could you do me a big favor and make a pic with the AP and one of your Rolex so that I could see the different size, because this is the only thing I fear with my lady-like arms...

Hi Ubi!

I am also turning round and round in my bed every evening thinking of finally getting a new rep.

Could you do me a big favor and make a pic with the AP and one of your Rolex so that I could see the different size, because this is the only thing I fear with my lady-like arms...

It definitely wears big...

IMG_6359.jpg

IMG_6165.jpg

But overall, it's not terribly huge (in my opinion). My wrist measures 6.8", so by no means do I have a large wrist. The lighter weight of the Ti makes this one a little more comfortable, however. The weight isn't causing any imbalance or shifting of the case from one side of my wrist to the other...

These are fantastic pics, ubi. I'm now drooling for a ROO! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I was originally thinking about the Safari or maybe even the Navy. The CP is a little sportier, which makes me wonder how it would look with leather straps? Have you considered maybe trying it with lighter straps, you think it'd work?

PPN-

There have been a couple of folks here that have added lighter color straps to their Chronopassions; usually, it's the AP Bands Lungomare Chocolate shark strap. Defintiely dresses the watch up a little more. However I ended up fitting mine with a genuine AP rubber strap and tang buckle since I'm usually in casual attire :)

At any rate, I wanted to update this thread with a short term update/report from the field...

:)

I've been wearing mine at least once a day every day; the finish and surface has held up well for the most part. However I have two tiny hairlines on the side of the lugs (profile of the case; 1:00 side). I had reached back for my seatbelt in the car, and the metal clip of the seatbelt had smacked against the case. My immediate reaction was to check the top surfaces of the bezel as the largest surface area exposed; no dings or scuffs. However, the result was two small hairlines on the side of the lug that are only really visible at certain angles/lighting. It's somewhat disappointing to me as the damage looks similar to a screwdriver blade that had slipped while unscrewing that particular lug screw. The damage is a result of not being careful enough, but it wasn't for being clumsy with tools :)

I'll try and get a shot of it... It's hard to see except when the light is focused on that side of the lugs. Otherwise, the finish has held up great. And the watch is still one of my favorites :wub:

PPN-

There have been a couple of folks here that have added lighter color straps to their Chronopassions; usually, it's the AP Bands Lungomare Chocolate shark strap. Defintiely dresses the watch up a little more. However I ended up fitting mine with a genuine AP rubber strap and tang buckle since I'm usually in casual attire :)

I'll have to keep this one in mind, ubiquitous. Any pointers on where I'd be able to pick one of those shark straps up? Or any pictures of it? :-)