When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM187: Gen vs Swiss7753 vs A7753

prdubis

Hi there,

I have received yesterday my A7753 PAM187 and I can say the caseset, caseback and bezel have really been improved compared to the swiss 7753 version. Bezel clicks are not really gen like to be franck, and it will maybe needed to perform the famous dental floss mod :)

The pics:

Gen:

PICT0044.jpg

Swiss 7753:

a3fe12b1.jpg

P1000121.jpg

P1000122.jpg

P1000123.jpg

P1000124.jpg

P1000125.jpg

A7753:

P1000336.jpg

As you can see, the dial from this latest release is really spot on to gen. The swiss 7753 one has been relumed by The Zigmeister and for me lume color is perfect, the bezel pearl is much better too, but the 1000 printing is just too dark, it should be more electric blue. So for me, the A7753 dial is better but will need to be relumed to be perfect.

It's unfortunately impossible to swap the movements, as the date position is not the same on the asian 7753.

I will try to swap hands, but I don't know if it's possible, anyone knows?

More pics:

A7753 vs Gen:

P1000335.jpgP1010273.jpg

P1000337.jpg

P1000338.jpg

P1000339.jpg

P1000341.jpg

About the rubber strap and buckle:

The strap is not as soft as my 305 gen one, and really not as comfortable to wear. The watch is really heavy and it will need a good and soft leather strap, or maybe a nylon strap.

The buckle is great, with nice engravings.

P1000340.jpg

Lume:

It's not bad at all, and it is quite accurate for a tritum dial. Bezel pearl is wrong, too domed, it should be flat.

Gen luming is two tone, as I already said in one of my previous threads. Dial markers are tritum, whereas hands are superLuminova. That's wrong on the asian 7753 version. Again, The Zigmeister's work on my swiss 7753 version is perfect...

The Zigmeister's:

P1000128.jpg

A7753:

P1000347.jpg

Thanks for viewing! And now, going to the beach!! :D

Missing concentring circles on subdials, pearl too embosed, something wrong with rotating bezel - it is better to wait for V2 before tossing almost $500 ;)

Edited by PolonusTM

that's it!...i'm ordering mine now...i can live without concentric circles on the subdials...same with wrong lume...i don't usually wear a watch in complete darkness...:)...the pearl is not that bad...but i like the fact that they fixed the color on the '1000m'...

The concentric circles you guys are talking about is extremely faint on the gen. Not visible to the naked eye, and barely visible under a macro lens.

Here's a macro I took of my 187 before.. You can barely make out the lines only when you zoom into the pic..

DSC02420.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anyone knows if it's possible to swap hands between ETA and asian 7753?

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

A7753 hands will not fit ETA.. when i was doing an eta conversion for my A7753 daylight, i had to buy a separate set of ETA7753 hands because the rep A7753 hands would not fit the ETA movement..

Great pics F :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Congrats on your new paperweight ;) ;) ;):)

It looks very very nice mate.... enjoy it and wear it well my friend :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks for sharing the comparison mate....

Great pics F :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Congrats on your new paperweight ;) ;) ;):)

It looks very very nice mate.... enjoy it and wear it well my friend :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks for sharing the comparison mate....

Ah ah ah you're right Pete, it's really heavy, maybe too much...

I am glad my 305 is titanium-made...

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

I am glad my 305 is titanium-made...

Oooooooooohhhhh !! You show off..... a sweet 305..... very nice :)

Best paperweight I had was the Egi.... now that could hold down a picnic table in a force 8 gale !!!

It even formed part of my daily work out !!!

• 6 months later...