When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Worst rep you've bought

Mills

It appears after reading so many threads on here that everyone is obsessed with the perfect replica. I too am having a quick spate of buying Panerai's looking for 1:1 perfection and since I've discovered though these boards the "H" factory, I'm getting there. On the way though we all must make some mistakes, buy the wrong thing, get persuaded into parting with our hard earned cash with the promise of a replica that is indistinguishable from the gen even by an expert only to be sent a saucepan beaten into the general shape of what could be described as a watch.

I thought it would be interesting to see how bad some of these really are. Give us chance to have a laugh at our misfortune or how crap the market really is compared to our cosseted, trusted and secure view. I'll begin.

After three years of owning a rather lovely Mont Blanc TimeWalker I was getting a bit fed up of travelling with it. Fearing somebody larger (or more stabby) would remove it from my wrist, I thought a "travel rep" would be a good idea. My first mistake was thinking this would save me money, my second was to buy it from here.

With baited breath I waited for this amazing watch to be delivered. Was I as excited as when I waited for my gen to be delivered you may ask? More so because of the danger - it might come or I might get raided by burley coppers calling me a scab in front of my work collegues. When it turned up I opened the box and was confronted by two things 1) the piece of [censored] below and 2) the realisation that I'm an idiot that can be persuaded to part with £100 really quite easily.

That's authentic nylon on supple, sweat inducing plastic for the strap - classy

post-10802-0-50785300-1311871744.jpg

Face shot

post-10802-0-80400700-1311871794.jpg

And look at that lume POP !!! (fully charged)

post-10802-0-03501800-1311871854.jpg

Anyone care to beat that?

Edited by Mills

Copied & pasted from this article.

Rolex Explorer II CN version correct hand stack white

Easily forgettable. Maybe the worst and the most disappointing rep I have owned. There is nothing good to say about this POS. The CHS movement stopped a few times every hour (seconds hand got stuck) and the horrible light grey hour markers truly pissed me off. Fortunately the good dealer agreed to take it back. Good riddance. BEWARE: Some dealers still offer this piece of junk... I wouldn't take one for free.

w_dial.jpg

Dunno how many times i've posted these over the years but i can't help it....

Dave always likes to show off his best dress watches..... whenever he gets the chance !!!! :p

I couldn't afford any of the 5514 COMEX people have up for sale, so I made some other inquiries. Paul happened to be having another CRAAAAAZY SALE so I bought one from him, on a lark. This is what I received. I'm not real happy with the crown guards, otherwise not bad! :tu:

comex_plongeur.JPG

Dunno how many times i've posted these over the years but i can't help it.... :lol:

a08107.jpg

The worst.... :lol:

a02713.jpg

My 2 year old daughter would sell her favourite teddy to get her hands on your amazing Breitling with sparkly butterfly. Please tell me you didn't buy that knowing it had a jewel encrusted Lepidoptera on the face of it. That is all kinds of classy my friend.

I couldn't afford any of the 5514 COMEX people have up for sale, so I made some other inquiries. Paul happened to be having another CRAAAAAZY SALE so I bought one from him, on a lark. This is what I received. I'm not real happy with the crown guards, otherwise not bad! :tu:

comex_plongeur.JPG

Not bad apart from the dwarves sword as a minute hand. Thanks for your post - I'd never heard of comex until now and it makes very interesting reading.