When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Yacht Club

VesperMatt

I've fallen in love with the IWC Portuguese Yacht Club and haven't found any info on the boards about them so far. I only own frankenstein vintage Rolex . Anyone have any experience with these reps? The price suggests they're not worth it yet, but hopefully we'll see something better coming out soon?

Gens:

iwc-portuguese-yacht-club-chronograph-1.jpg

TimeShop has two gold cased 21J movement reps, one with a 'brown' face and one with a white face. AFAIK there is no white faced Yacht Club in gold. The brown is closer to gen, but color is still not completely right because the gen gold case has more of a slate-color. Also, I only have experience with ETA and clone ETA movements, with a 21J are these probably going to be non-working chronos? If the case was steel on these I'd probably give the white one a try since they're cheap enough.

iwc7060-iwc-schaffhausen-white-dial-rg-ru-asian-21j-automatic.jpg

Rose Gold, White Dial

iwc7060-iwc-portuguese-white-dial-rg-ru-asian-21j-automatic.jpg

Rose Gold, 'Brown' Dial

WatchEden also has a rep with much better case/dials selection but they are listed as only 41mm (should be 45mm), have brown leather straps, and are quartz movement. If they weren't 41mm I'd actually gone with one of them as a cheap knock around till a better rep came out.

Anyone know of any other reps out there? Mary couldn't find me anything, either.

Edited by VespaMatt

Yeah, they seem decent for the money. If they had a stainless steel case I would have gone for one but I just have no interest in a gold watch on a rubber strap.

Since my original post, Watch Eden has added a few models such as this one:

2.jpg

IWC Portuguese Two Tone Zone Automatic with Black Dial S/S

Weird metal band but otherwise looks half-way decent and is the correct case size compared to the earlier models they were listing. Numbers on the dial are pretty off though.

I hadn't seen that new one at Watch Eden and ordered a Tao watch to tide me over. Weird 'perpetual calendar' but I think it will give me an idea of whether I should be too concerned with tracking down the watch or not. I tried finding an IWC AD to try on a gen but apparently the closest dealer is at least a 2-3 hour drive away.

16a.3.jpg

Edited by VespaMatt