When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Franken, Modded, & Custom Definition

17noir

Franken

This would indicate that the watch has genuine parts fitted to it, from just a crown and tube to a watch completly built with gen parts for example my SMP, has gen

Bracelet

Dial

Movement

Hands

Crown

Tube

but a rep case and bezel so this is a franken

Modded

A watch which has been altered from its original rep state to look or work better, for example my Blackbird has been relumed to be more like the original

My ingy has been relumed and a lelo date wheel added and better AR, there are no gen parts but it is better than the standard rep (alot, and the standard rep is pretty good too)

Custom

A gen or rep that has been altered in some way to make it different than all the rest for example????

I dont have a custom watch but i do have a custom Harley wich looks nothing like it did when it came from the factory 18 years ago

Hope this helps

.......but i do have a custom Harley wich looks nothing like it did when it came from the factory 18 years ago

You mean pink and with lots of leather tassles !!?? ;)

A franken (a term derived from Mary Shelley's book, Frankenstein), in watch terms, denotes a watch constructed from unrelated parts/watches. Generally, the term is attributed to a non-genuine watch that is intended to appear genuine through the inclusion of gen parts.

The other terms are self-explanatory.