When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

3714-82

Just wanted to share the excitement from this project, a very special one....

At this point, the case is being machined to accept the rare, discontinued Cal. 79240. Crystal being sent to PBdad for his double AR treatment. The blank OEM caseback is getting the custom engraving and install a sapphire crystal so it can show off the movement.

I also wanted to give big thumps up for Texski for agreed to assist me with this project, and personally deliver the parts to me in person. A gentleman from my experience dealing with him.

Enjoy the pictures. I love the 3714-82 dial, different angle produces different result, flat to glossy, dark to grey, to brown.

dsc007911e.jpg

dsc008071.jpg

dsc008011.jpg

dsc008061.jpg

dsc008141.jpg

dsc008121.jpg

dsc008091.jpg

dsc008131u.jpg

Just wanted to share the excitement from this project, a very special project....

At this point, the case is being machined to accept the rare, discontinued Cal. 79240. Crystal being sent to PBdad for his double AR treatment. The blank OEM caseback is getting the custom engraving and install a sapphire crystal so it can show off the movement.

I also wanted to give big thumps up for Teski for agreed to assist me with his project, and personally deliver the parts to me in person. A gentleman from my experience dealing with him.

Enjoy the pictures. I love the 3714-82 dial, different angle produces different result, flat to glossy, dark to grey, to brown.

Oh, that looks good.

I have the 3714-01 and must admit that this one looks nicer.

Looking forward to seeing the final result.

I'm anxious to see it finished, too.

The back will be more impressive than the front.

Blueprints for the sapphire caseback are finished and met with the machinist a few days ago.

Good job, 100 :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Mike

Edited by Texski

• 8 months later...