When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Paypal dispute

KB

Well I see he has done a very flimsy comparison of goods on RG, it's interesting to see that he has put my Pegase against a genuine LV he has...I mean they are two different cases.

Ken

Well I see he has done a very flimsy comparison of goods on RG, it's interesting to see that he has put my Pegase against a genuine LV he has...I mean they are two different cases.

Ken

Some people just aren't safe to be out by themselves... :crazy:

Well there you go, the Op in his infinite wisdom decided it would be easier to discredit me on RG.

However he started to take a belting there too and the mods closed the thread. :blink:

I understand the 'It didn't happen here' line, we use it all the time too but we would never lock down a dealers thread who is just trying to get a sensible result from a customer.

Look I don't want to screw this customer, I truly believe it is a far better business practice to lose on a deal to make it right but he has put me out of business for 2 full days now and today I have to decide to burn that account or not.

What do I do?

Ken

Perhaps this whole issue revolves around the use and understanding of the English language.

Having read the whole thing, I think that is at least part of the problem.

My suggestion is that both parties agree on and select a trusted RWG member who is fluent in English but not as a native language and subject the dispute to binding arbitration from that member. We all know that there are members here who can accomplish this reasonably and get it off General Discussion.

Attempting to negotiate a solution by bringing the dispute to RWG for resolution has little to do with equity but just results in a popularity contest and a vote for the winner.

Carl

Carl the problem is that he doesn't want to negotiate.

He started a little smear campaign on RG but the members basically said drop the PP dispute and talk to the dealer, so he just stopped posting.

Ken

KB

I don't know that he doesn't want to negotiate as my post has only been up ten minutes.

I still don't know what you think of my proposal.

If you would never agree to something like that, just say so and we'll move on.

Carl

Edited by Carl

Sound like a good suggestion.

I once had a dispute with one of the dealers and there was no winner in that discussion.

Even if you are 100% right it still doesn't mean that you get it solved the proper way.

Sometimes emotions get in the way of finding an realistic solution.

@ Carl how your English ??

Carpe Diem

Cats

Actually, at this point there is nothing to negotiate. The seller has agreed to a full refund including shipping (unheard of) provided the goods are sent back and the buyer is still not cooperating. The Geeks thread was closed when it was acknowledged that all that could be done by the dealer at this point had been done.

All dealers and members should be informed how the the buyer has acted. I suspect it will be a long time before the buyer is buying (or selling)anything from dealer or member. Ken has moved on with a new paypal account. Not the first time. And certainly not the last. Goes with the dealer territory.

@ watchmeister i do agree that KB did more then he should do to solve the issue.

He did everything he could do.

What i meant to say is that some one could bring this situation to a good end without the paypal dispute etc.

Carpe Diem

Cats

KB already went the full refund route provided the items are mailed back but still to no avail. The buyer no longer treated this as a business transaction and has gone amok. KB's options would be to try and ask the buyer to send it back one more time with a deadline (if that works). Otherwise, trash the account and start a new one.....just make sure to keep that buyer away from it. Good luck.

There is nothing the buyer can force the seller to do with a PP dispute....PP will ask for the purchased goods being sent...that happened.

If the Goods are no good ;) both can agree to send them back to the sellers addy and get a full refund once re-shipment is in.

BUYER remember....you are dealing with counterfeit goods here....don´t cry out too loud.

There is always a way to resolve with a good dealer...but the customer should be a smart a** as well.

Theo

Never bought from Ken, and never bought other reps than watches.

But I am amazed by the extent to which he tried to solve this issue. And I am sorry it did not work out.

Unfortunately there will always be individuals who cause trouble. From their perspective they are absolutely right and everyone else is wrong. In that case all you can do is to ban and move on.

Hope this will be the end of that story.

I have to side with KB here. KB is being more than reasonable. Also putting a Gen up next to a replica. Of course you are going to find faults. A loose thread here and there that is normal. I could understand being pissy about missing that golden piece on the LV but in my case I would of been more than happy with a simple swap out. Keep in mind that KB doesnt ship the bags himself...He doesnt even get to see them so bringing down hell on his part for something that is not his fault...come on!

Trusted buyer list...

Probably safer to say a list of people who can't be trusted to deal reasonably with folks...

I'd just like to say that Ken is a complete gent to do business with, and if my financial circumstances had been healthier the past few years, I would have been buying a lot of stuff from him, as his products and service are first rate :good: