When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

thought on this 16613 on trustytime

amespinosa

my first post here, having thought on purchasing this model from trustytime's website "ROLSUB025A - 14K Wrapped TT Black Dial 2008 M Series Swiss Eta 2" any other reworks to be done after purchase?

i'm from the philippines and one retailer sells this exact watch albeit a higher price. i would take the online purchase if this is a good base watch as a daily beater.

thanks!

one concern of mine is the longevity of the gold accents of the watch. i have seen the movement of the watch being sold here in my country (same serial reference as with the trustytime watch, a noob "117") and it's quite good smooth sweep and keeps good time. the only thing that is somewhat "off" is the black rehaut engravings, can this be remedied though?

many thanks!

one concern of mine is the longevity of the gold accents of the watch. i have seen the movement of the watch being sold here in my country (same serial reference as with the trustytime watch, a noob "117") and it's quite good smooth sweep and keeps good time. the only thing that is somewhat "off" is the black rehaut engravings, can this be remedied though?

many thanks!

The rehaut is usually shaved off by other members-- it's an instant tell.

I'm not sure if trusty or other dealers ship to Philippines? They're not on the shipping list (of countries).

The rehaut is usually shaved off by other members-- it's an instant tell.

I'm not sure if trusty or other dealers ship to Philippines? They're not on the shipping list (of countries).

thanks! one of the sellers here locally had me take a look into the watch and compared it against the one at trusty's site it's the same, ETA movement (i insisted to see what's inside) smooth sweep, the finish of the gold is what i'm quite hesitant since this is my first rep that is two tone. if that were a SS version i'd buy it at will. i saw the mid links and it is still gol color even the sides, i tried filling off some of the links and the the gold doesn't wear off is it a good sign?

maybe i'd take my chance with the one being sold locally. i'll just shave off the rehaut engraving cause its a giveaway and personally i don't like the engraved rehauts.

i'll post pics when i finally purchased the rep

Sounds like what you have at home is good enough,where is it at,Greenhills?...

Spent a few weeks there over new years,stayed at Edsa Shangri-La (wife a Canadian of 30 years but has family in Quezon City). Looking forward to a return trip probably this winter. :drinks:

there are already supplies of good reps here in the philippines, as for the seller in greenhills they are constantly moving around but i do know their stall when they relocate and have the contact of the shopkeeper. last time i visited they already have the correct bracelet for the SS sub-c. prices varies but for the ETA equipped ones especially the fairly decent ones out of the box price is at around $300 to $400. the TT sub that i'm eying at is priced at $300.

TT Noobmariner is out of the stock...Andrew told me about a month ago

maybe these are old stock, btw can the noob accept gen inserts, crown and tube also the crystal? i'm close to getting the TT sub anytime this week. most probably the first thing i would do is shave off the rehaut printing (n black) then refinish the bracelet. actually im contemplating on a sub-c SS and this TT noob.

Please keep us updated on the TT you choose.

I am looking for one as well...A good one!

i will. the only thing that's keeping me from getting it is the quality of the plating but as i have seen in the actual sample looks pretty good. i'll go back to the store tomorrow to check it once more and hopefully i'll take it home with me