When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

187 with SS Bracelet

Usil

Sorry to hear about the bits falling off the latest batch of 187s. Same thing happened when they first came out in 2006. Many buying them gave each marker a good look to see if loose so they could epoxy it rather than wear it and have it fall off and become lost. I bought mine from TTK back in those days and his were welded on.

Here is my 187 with a SS bracelet. You have to have attitude to wear this combination or like to lift weights.

Pam-187andBracelet.jpg

Usil

I was referring to recent posts indicating there have been problems with markers on the Bezel on the 187. Always a good idea to check these kind of things on new purchases.

Usil

the part falling off is the date push button, not bezel markers. or maybe i miised some other threads. my pusher fell off, actualy

I like it

Must be heavy as F**K!!

Oddly enough I hate rubber straps but I find this new 187 to be a good match with the rubber

Well, my 187 is 6 years old and you can see the condition of the bezel after a few years cleaning and polishing. It is impossible to be very effective with the markers getting in the way but it does not look too bad and has character. Rebrushng, I would think would be nearly impossible but as I said it still looks good after 6 years.

As for the weight, I forget how many grams it weighs as I did weigh it when I installed the bracelet. It is definitive a noticeable weight on the arm and is why I said you need to have some attitude to wear it. There is a benefit, however, as the bracelet nicely balances the heavy watch on the wrist. With rubber it is like an off balanced weight on top of your arm taped to your wrist.

Usil

Edited by Usil

I bought my 1st 187 in 2006 from Eddy Lee as well and had one marker fall off the bezel as well. I bought a complete but non-working other 187 just to have extra markers to replace if any others fell off. Also had it lumed and serviced by Vac, so it was a very valuable rep for me and I have worn it a lot. I just bought a newer one, but not the latest, with improved correct color lume and Chief double A/R . I know the doublr A/R is not

correct, but OMG what an effect it has on the dial. I really love it, so I will not want to get the newest rendition.

Rogerwine