When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

im just a girl...

Hi Melissa and welcome to RWG.

We do have other female members but in general they tend to stay a bit incognito, for that reason you are destined to become a favourite.

Don't let that overwhelm you as we do have a great bunch of guys here that will be happy to help with any of your requests.

But we also have a very good Admin team should anyone be less of a gentleman.

Ken

Welcome to the forum. My first advice - your brother can wait. It is time for you to get a new watch and I suspect there are plenty of folks ready and willing to help. :D Seriously, to the extent you have been interested in the current high fashion watches there are some really great reps.

I fear I will become addicted....

If you saw how many handbags and shoes I have collected over the years.

I fear I will become addicted....

If you saw how many handbags and shoes I have collected over the years.

Wait until you realize that forum dealer "Bergie's" is a soft-goods merchant, with the most amazing AAA quality designer bags and accessories for the best prices you will find. Both my wife and my daughter have Hermes bags now, and they are truly perfect. Internet rip-off sites want $650+ each for these, but Bergie does not even charge half that.

post-22602-0-80710400-1312615720.jpg

post-22602-0-77988800-1312615731.jpg

post-22602-0-37847100-1312615738.jpg

post-22602-0-97657700-1312615743.jpg

Melissa - Welcome & read this. Most of what you need to know about reps is in that article.

Briefly, for long-term satisfaction, stick with stainless steel (SS), avoid 'jewels' (they almost always look fake &, unless the wearer is an Arab sheik or rap artiste, make the watch look fake) & complications/features - simple, plain reps tend to contain the fewest mistakes & the fewer mistakes a rep has, the more genuine it looks. Be aware that nearly all rep watches contain used &/or unserviced movements. This is like buying a new replica car from someone that cannot tell you for sure what type of engine it has or whether the oil was ever changed. :shock: Therefore, it is a good idea to have the (mechanical) movement overhauled upon receipt of the watch by a professional watchmaker (about $100-$150, depending on pricing in your area).

Finally, anyone that tells you a rep watch is made anywhere other than Asia is lying to you & you should not have to pay more than about $300-$400 for a basic, high quality rep watch (but remember to get it overhauled).

Welcome Melissa. You have stumbled into one of the greatest forums there is. There is a lot of help around to cover any brand you should be interested in. It can be somewhat overwhelming at first but do continue wading in the sea of information here and you will be all set. Your brother is very lucky to have a sister willing to go to such lengths for him ( by that I mean put up with us ;) )

Happy reading!

I never got an introduction like this... :(

Welcome aboard melissa :)

Sometimes it pays to have boobs, eh Plai? ;)

Welcome to the forum Mel. We look forward to your wrsitshots.

...sometimes it's nice to see a hairless wrist, especially with some of the gorillas that post... :bangin:

I KID gents, I KID! :drinks::thumbsupsmileyanim:

Wait until you realize that forum dealer "Bergie's" is a soft-goods merchant, with the most amazing AAA quality designer bags and accessories for the best prices you will find. Both my wife and my daughter have Hermes bags now, and they are truly perfect. Internet rip-off sites want $650+ each for these, but Bergie does not even charge half that.

post-22602-0-97657700-1312615743.jpg

Rumor has it that "Bergie" is the model in this photo. I wonder if he'll come in here and deny it? :g:

FWIW, nice legs Bergie! :tu:

@subbiesrock: and sometimes you have to pay to get boobs that it pays to have ;)

Touché Mel :)

Are you perchance providing this information based on personal experience? Or simply providing with a delightful truism? I suspect if it's the former and not the latter, you've just jumped a further couple of rungs in forum popularity ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Cmon Nanuq if I looked like that I would spend all day in front of the mirror.

Naked :D

Ken :animal_rooster:

My eyes! Ow! My BRAIN!! Owwww!! How do I scrub these mental images away?!

Make it stop, make it stop!