When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Top Gun Ceramic 3789 46mm Doppel Chronograph

denniboss

still no comment where to get this baby?

Where to get it??

Any trusted dealer will have this watch. In case you're wondering about my comment to change the title of this thread. this watch is NOT a 3789.. it's a 3799. On the dealer sites look for 3799.. although some of the sites have this listed as the 3789 (completely wrong)

The 3789 is a 44mm topgun with no rattrapante button. The 3799 in this thread is a 46mm TopGun model with rattrapante button (non-functioning).

May I ask who you went through to order this? I am a massive Top Gun fan, and have been admiring this watch since it was announced. I see a few dealers selling it, but this one looks perfect.

Disclosing a dealer is often a matter of personal choice.. If you're intent on getting this watch.. start researching dealers on the forum. They're all trusted enough to be authorized by Watch Nutz like us, so no worries there.

This model will be offered by ALL dealers. some more expensive than others.. some faster service than others... some better communication than others... All factors when choosing a dealer..

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, mine has arrived today and it looks pretty good. The stitching on the carbon strap would be a dead giveaway and the red paint on the hands looks a bit too red.

Anyone know if the faux pusher is supposed to be push able? Mine is now stuck depressed. It went in like butter and just stayed.

Suggestions?

Ok, mine has arrived today and it looks pretty good. The stitching on the carbon strap would be a dead giveaway and the red paint on the hands looks a bit too red.

Anyone know if the faux pusher is supposed to be push able? Mine is now stuck depressed. It went in like butter and just stayed.

Suggestions?

Weird.. I thought it was supposed to be spring loaded.. but non-functional... Better pm someone with better knowledge of this model Good luck!

I guess there is no spring in mine. I assume the potential water damage issues are huge now.

you assume correct.. but to begin with you should never take a chronograph into water without having it waterproofed yourself. Regardless of whether or not it has a faux pusher.. chrono replicas and water... don't mix

I fixed it. There is a spring but it's pretty weak. I took the CB off with duct tape, a rubber ball after gooning the back pretty good with needle nose pliers. I pushed the pusher out and it is OK if you sort of halfway depress it. As soon as you push it all the way it clicks and stays in.

I'll have it looked at when I send it to Rob for a service.

Thanks guys!

• 2 weeks later...

Glad you figured it out..

I know I'm beating a dead horse.. but SOMEONE SHOULD CHANGE THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD TO THE RIGHT MODEL NUMBER!!!!!!!

I really don't know how to change this title from 3789 into 3799. Please explain to me if you know how to do this. Then i'll will change it for you!

I really don't know how to change this title from 3789 into 3799. Please explain to me if you know how to do this. Then i'll will change it for you!

Not sure.. but maybe you can't change it because your not platinum. Just go to the first post of the thread click on "edit" then on the "Full Editor" button and you can change the title. If you don't have that option then just ask Redwatch or another mod to change the title for you :)

I know i've been adamant about this.. but it's a shame that the wrong model number is in this thread title when it's SUCH a popular thread. It propagates wrong information. I appreciate your thread though!

Glad you figured it out..

I know I'm beating a dead horse.. but SOMEONE SHOULD CHANGE THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD TO THE RIGHT MODEL NUMBER!!!!!!!

Well at least the horse is dead...so I guess no harm done. But beating a dead horse just seems wrong bro. :huh:

post-19368-0-02503400-1331065456.gif

• Like 1

sorry guys...just confirming is this the watch everyone is referring to: http://www.yourtrust...roducts_id=7963

Is is listed with the wrong model number?

Read this thread.. and you'll see that I've asked 4 or 5 times for the author to change the title of this thread! You are absolutely correct.... One of the dealers has incorrectly named the model number.. which has now given us an excuse on the forum to f-up the model number.

The most annoying part of this whole thing is that this watch has been around for at least 3 or 4 years.. and no one before EVER mixed up the names of the 3789 and the 3799..... Now no one seems to give a damn...

RWG just isn't what it used to be.

• 3 months later...

I bought one of these off Trusty. After 2 weeks noticed it had stopped running. Pulled the crown out to wind it and then the crown wouldnt screw back in. Any thoughts on issues? Andrew has asked me to send it back which I'll do. Just dissapointed it's seemingly broken already. Also had the same issue as one of the other guys of the top left pusher getting stuck in.

I bought one of these off Trusty. After 2 weeks noticed it had stopped running. Pulled the crown out to wind it and then the crown wouldnt screw back in. Any thoughts on issues? Andrew has asked me to send it back which I'll do. Just dissapointed it's seemingly broken already. Also had the same issue as one of the other guys of the top left pusher getting stuck in.

Yes it looks like sending it back is the best you can do under the circumstances. It would be good if you could also get the watch movement serviced while you are at it..

Ok No body have a pict

But I have here we go:

This is my New baby 47mm IWC TOPGUN Dopple Chrono

DIAL

GEN

picture.JPG

REP

P1120758.jpg

P1120764.jpg

CASEBACK

GEN

picture.JPG