When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Who sells best "out of box" 5218-202A

momo650

Hello Fellow members.

I've long wanted a 5218-202A and over the last few months I've notice DSN and DW offering up their versions.

I realize that building one myself would be the preferred method, but I unfortunately lack the patiences and the knowledge to do so. (If a member has a 202A build they are looking to sell PM me) :))

If you didn't have the time to search, purchase and build your own, which one would you purchase and what minor changes would you make to give it a more Gen look?

DSN:

DW:

I appreciate in advance all comments and thoughts.

Thanks!

Hello Fellow members.

I've long wanted a 5218-202A and over the last few months I've notice DSN and DW offering up their versions.

I realize that building one myself would be the preferred method, but I unfortunately lack the patiences and the knowledge to do so. (If a member has a 202A build they are looking to sell PM me) :))

If you didn't have the time to search, purchase and build your own, which one would you purchase and what minor changes would you make to give it a more Gen look?

DSN:

DW:

I appreciate in advance all comments and thoughts.

Thanks!

OOB you really have no other choice to go the DSN route, from what I understand it is the most accurate OOB on the market, although I am not familiar with DW's offering's.

There are several members who will build you this from the ground up which will not be matched even by DSN but be prepared to spend a pretty penny on it. From my research and as I understand it, this will be your best build-up unless someone else can throw in their 2 cents to make this even better.

111J or 005K case set

005K crystal

Jakob Custom CB

Swiss 6497 movement

FGD dial & hands

Avitt DLC

Hope this help's you.

DSN for a budget 202A or a custom build.

I am building one right now with:

111J case with NO AR crystal

DSN new 202A dial/hands (dial relumed by Goin)

DSN new Pre-V CG

T48 crown

Swiss 6497-1 movt with H3 CP

Jakob 202A CB

DLCed and modded by Avitt

If you don't mind my asking, what would this custom build cost?

DSN for a budget 202A or a custom build.

I am building one right now with:

111J case with NO AR crystal

DSN new 202A dial/hands (dial relumed by Goin)

DSN new Pre-V CG

T48 crown

Swiss 6497-1 movt with H3 CP

Jakob 202A CB

DLCed and modded by Avitt

Hi Gianton,

when you say "dials relumed" are DSN not as per Gen? If so, what should I be asking for if I should purchase DSN's 202A and want to have those dials relumed? I am fortunate to live very close to The Zig and have had several watches serviced by him and would not hesitate to have him relume this project for me.

I would like to learn these types of details, hence why I spend most of my time on the forum.

Thanks.

GEN Pre-V dials can be seen in various shades depending on climate etc.

I like the non matching dials more that's why I will have the dial relumed to "dark orange".

It's better to have the dial unlumed from DSN and ZIg can then relume it and have that recessed look in the indices/numerals.

GEN Pre-V dials can be seen in various shades depending on climate etc.

I like the non matching dials more that's why I will have the dial relumed to "dark orange".

It's better to have the dial unlumed from DSN and ZIg can then relume it and have that recessed look in the indices/numerals.

Thanks Gianton,

I agree as well and the non matching dial is what I will opt for, but what is the most common lume colour for a 202A?

Hi Gianton,

when you say "dials relumed" are DSN not as per Gen? If so, what should I be asking for if I should purchase DSN's 202A and want to have those dials relumed? I am fortunate to live very close to The Zig and have had several watches serviced by him and would not hesitate to have him relume this project for me.

I would like to learn these types of details, hence why I spend most of my time on the forum.

Thanks.

This will explain it all:

http://www.paneraiblog.us/2011/05/details-of-prev-and-non-matching/