When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

3717 work needed

sempire

Well my 3717 just came in today and I'm looking to have a few things done. My datewheel looks a bit off centered and my minute hand is a bit off colored. I figure if I can get these taken care of, and perhaps any other little things needed I'd be a happy camper.

Any recommendations? Would like someone in the US/Canada that has some time.

Thanks!

Ok, so basically..

Correct me if I'm wrong..

I can put Gen ETA 7750 datewheels on, a Taka AR crystal and a relume and I should be pretty good?

Maybe try and get some time from The Zigmiester to put everything together?

I have all the parts ready for order so I'm trying to pull the trigger ASAP.

Ok, so basically..

Correct me if I'm wrong..

I can put Gen ETA 7750 datewheels on, a Taka AR crystal and a relume and I should be pretty good?

Maybe try and get some time from The Zigmiester to put everything together?

I have all the parts ready for order so I'm trying to pull the trigger ASAP.

Do those and you'll end up with something like this ... :)

3717_wrist_new_1.jpg

3717_vac_lume_2.jpg

Lume by Vac ... ;)

G ? ? Is this someone from the forums? MeFixWatch4U@yahoo.com ?? I dunno man... Why would you steer someone from The Zigmeister to MeFixWatch4U AKA "G"? It just seems a bit sketchy.

G is legit. He is active over on RWI. All though definitely not The Zigmeister, he did great work when I had him do similar mods for me.

Well I've ordered the Taka AR, the ETA DW, I have my kevlar style strap with deployment buckle put on already, and with getting everything else installed I'll also get it relumed and serviced.

Now how much difference will a gen dial, hands, tube and crown make?

Oh. That's interesting. I am not trying to be crass and in my conversations with The Zigmeister i dont believe I have said anything that has upset him.

I hear of his great reputation and have a lot of watches that I would like to send his way for servicing and modifications. Being an online forum though I can understand that with thousands of people there will always be differences in opinion, difference skills, experiences and depending where you are in the world, differences in normal interactions with other people based on our different cultures.

I apologize if I've offended you, but I haven't heard from others on this. Is there a specific reason you feel offended?

Is there a specific reason you feel offended?

I'm not offended at all. You've never said anything directly to me in any topic on this forum which I find offensive.

What I said was that you can be crass, and to be careful with that stuff around Rob. He has zero tolerance for it, and that would be unfortunate.