When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Calling all new PAM 187 owners!

digisquid

Read on geek that someone's new 187 hour markers turned gray.

After reading it, I looked at mine a bit closer...my markers dont match the hands anymore. Under a loupe, I can see that the edges of the hour markers are turning gray. And the 2 o clock position has a dimple or something in it.

Mine is a little over a month old, wore it everyday since its arrival. I love it.

Dont know if I want to go through the process of returning it to the dealer, or just send it out for a lume job.

(Downside of return...it could happen again. Downside of the lume job...my expense)

Wondering if we are all going to start to see this...check yours out!

Please let me know what you find out, it will help me decide what action to take with it.

This pic is not mine...its the guys from geek.

I will try to take pics of mine tomorrow, but not sure if I can capture it.

Like I said previously, mine is just starting to turn. Not this bad...yet.

post-15894-0-81105900-1313364172.jpg

WAF :shock: :shock: :shock:

Edited by sul

Ok, I am going to try to catch up on all of the questions.

The watch pictured is one of the first ones shipped, so it is over a month old. (screen name is "perry" on geek...maybe some of you guys know him.)

I dont know who he purchased it from, but he did contact the dealer and since then has packed it up and sent it back.

Mine is also slightly over a month old and perfect when it arrived from King Watch. Hands and markers matched...same yellowish color. Normal everyday wear, mild climate. I contacted her already and she is willing to correct it somehow.

Stay tuned, I am going to try to take a pic in a bit.

As you can see in the pictures of my thread mine haven´t turned grey so far. After reading the thread over on RG yesterday I had the feeling that this would happen to all the watches.

As someone there wrote it could be some kind of pigments that loose the colour over the time under UV-light . As I´m always expecting to spend sth around half of the watch price in addition for movement service and/or other maintenance I think I will send my watch to be relumed.

Let´s see what the dealers/factories offer...

Drolson

mine is still going strong after 2 weeks...no sign of anything on the markers....i wonder why would the markers turn grey and not the hands...aren't they using the same type of coating on both?....but, to tell you the truth, i like the grey markers a lot!....if it happens, i can live with that...:)

No moisture...had mine pressure checked. Passed with flying colors.

Like I said, mine is not as bad as perrys...but something is definately going on.

Hard to capture. But take notice of the difference in color between the hands and markers, as well as the discoloration of the edges of the markers. The yellow used to be so much brighter and crisp.

post-15894-0-53158600-1313418834.jpg

post-15894-0-26541900-1313418854.jpg

post-15894-0-93479800-1313418867.jpg

post-15894-0-98456000-1313418885.jpg

Thats my watch. The watch never showed any moisture issues..I wore in to the pool once and other than that stayed out of the water. So the problem has nothing to do with moisture. The month or so I had the watch I spent several weeks on vacation mostly at the beach so the watch saw plently of sunlight. The issue must be caused by heat and or UV light. Certain organic pigments can be very UV sensitive and color can just leave the system over time. I wont reveal the dealer since he has been very helpful in addressing this problem. This watch I am sure comes from one factory so I assume everyone will see this issue at some point in time.

Thats my watch. The watch never showed any moisture issues..I wore in to the pool once and other than that stayed out of the water. So the problem has nothing to do with moisture. The month or so I had the watch I spent several weeks on vacation mostly at the beach so the watch saw plently of sunlight. The issue must be caused by heat and or UV light. Certain organic pigments can be very UV sensitive and color can just leave the system over time. I wont reveal the dealer since he has been very helpful in addressing this problem. This watch I am sure comes from one factory so I assume everyone will see this issue at some point in time.

So now we have two problem with 187- date pusher ( will broke soon or later ) and lume, lume will turn grey...Not good

I still like the 187, if price was lover I already had it B)

Edited by sul