When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Calling all new PAM 187 owners!

digisquid

Thats my watch. The watch never showed any moisture issues..I wore in to the pool once and other than that stayed out of the water. So the problem has nothing to do with moisture. The month or so I had the watch I spent several weeks on vacation mostly at the beach so the watch saw plently of sunlight. The issue must be caused by heat and or UV light. Certain organic pigments can be very UV sensitive and color can just leave the system over time. I wont reveal the dealer since he has been very helpful in addressing this problem. This watch I am sure comes from one factory so I assume everyone will see this issue at some point in time.

Perry any resolution yet? Are they exchanging the watch, replacing the dial, reluming? I have not heard from my dealer yet...although mine is definitely not as bad as yours.

And I totally agree with you, the issue has to be heat and/or UV coupled with the amount of time the watch is exposed to it.

I am very curious to see if others are going to experience this also.

I sent the watch back and the dealer told me that he would have the dial replaced. I noticed that the right sub dial hand showed some "play"...zeroing out but then would move to either side a mm or so. I asked for that to be fixed also. I have heard nothing back from the dealer yet. I wore this watch during the heat wave that hit the US recently. I wore it alot outside since I was on vacation several weeks. Many of those days temps went over 100 degrees and of course being outside the watch saw lots of UV. This is why my watch turned gray the quickest that we know of....it was an accelerated weathering test so to speak. I fully expect that all the Pam 187's from this factory will change gray but may take longer under more normal conditions. I hope the factory changed the pigments they are using so my new dial will last. I plan on wearing it the same as I was since it really is the best rep watch I have ever had judging by appearance alone.

It either has to be a coating on top of the lume or they are using a cheaper substitute for lume which has always been my long term fear. Lume is the one thing that even Chinese factories have to pay for. It is only a matter of time before they re-engineer it and come out with something inferior. And on this one it makes even more sense since the gen is tritium so the required glow is less.

The new 187 is an awesome watch. Seems like the lume has always been an issue, but it can be easily remedied. Those of us who bought them now can have the dealer fix them or we can get them relumed. No doubt the factory will correct future production, as they ship them out right off the asembly line, and can only rely on customer feedback. Rep watches have come a long way in the past 5 years.

The new 187 is an awesome watch. Seems like the lume has always been an issue, but it can be easily remedied. Those of us who bought them now can have the dealer fix them or we can get them relumed...........

We are talking of :watch 435 usd+ reluming ~150 usd, overall 585 usd rep,and if you like to do servicing+ 200 more.

All together 785usd rep :yu::g: . It is a good rep indeed, but for most of us " all together price" will be probably too expensive.

New "free" lume from factory, we still will not know, will that "new" lume last. Hopefully it will

........... Rep watches have come a long way in the past 5 years.

and so are the price`s also.... ;)8)

I will wait for V2 :fixed lume and date pusher stem. :p;)