When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP Montauk Highway is repped, teaser pic inside

So strange, mine does the same exact thing....

Just a quick word on this issue, I had a similar problem with mine, and I had to take the CB off, because it eventually stopped running. When I took it off, I noticed that one of the screws that holds the part under the rotor, had come lose, and I guess eventually, got jammed, but I was lucky that I found it on time, before any damage was done, and was able to replace the screw where it belonged.

These things are put together so fast, that I don't think they care how tight the screws are, even the one on the movement.

Hopefully this helps you guys, and it is not something else, but still, check and make sure that all screws are tight, before somethings breaks or gets lost.

Great watch though!!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My apbands white strap arrived. It looks pretty darn nice I think. I wasn't sure if I could pull off white, but my wife says it looks "sporty." (I think that means good?)

I'm trying to upload a photo but my phone is being a b*tch.

Pics please!! I am trying to decide between a white rubber or a white calf strap.

Thanks a lot!!

Very nice watch.. while at it, how about getting them to solve the classical A7750 sec@12 issue inherent with the rep AP with such movements? It would be a very very nice piece then lol :)

actually, i think the recent batches of sec@12 movements have somewhat improved, in terms of reliability.

i've had 2 new APs in the past few months, and they have been running very well so far. would probably be a good idea to get them serviced still as a preventive measure, but i have to say the newer AP sec@12 models do seem to have a lower failure rate.

actually, i think the recent batches of sec@12 movements have somewhat improved, in terms of reliability.

i've had 2 new APs in the past few months, and they have been running very well so far. would probably be a good idea to get them serviced still as a preventive measure, but i have to say the newer AP sec@12 models do seem to have a lower failure rate.

Its encouraging to hear that Burnz..I never had good luck with my rep APs but couldnt resist buying anyway for mods. I couldnt manage to get the gen. Survivor so I bought a rep. It failed on the 3rd day lol. Likewise for my rep. T3, Masato and Chronopassion!

But i have been a sucker for limited edition AP ROOs, and so far, the only gen. I have is the T3. But that doesnt stop me buying nearly every other rep. AP that gets released! If only i had your luck lol

Ok managed to get a pic off my phone. It's not very quality, but you get the idea.

dcc51c.jpg

Looks great IMO, did you also get a tang buckle for it, or did you keep it on the deployant?

Please let me know, and is the quality of the strap worth the price?

Thanks a lot!!

Looks great IMO, did you also get a tang buckle for it, or did you keep it on the deployant?

Please let me know, and is the quality of the strap worth the price?

Thanks a lot!!

I kept it on deployant. As far as quality, it's nice. I don't think it's worth that price, but you don't have much choice. Probably still a lot cheaper than a gen rubber strap.

• 2 weeks later...

The colour makes me think of Tiffanys - I love it but lemme tell ya .... my wife ain't gettin' anywhere near these pics!

Forewarned is forearmed though .... how much is this baby?

Edited by seriph

• 8 months later...

300 originals made - most presold at USD$30K. Some floated around in boutiques - believe all sold now.

Replica - one lot made of 100 units. Sold out in November 2011 - price around USD$600 - come up from time to time on forums, for between USD$700 and USD$1000 - sell within hours. There are no plans to make any further units AFAIK