When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor 7032 Monte Carlo

redwatch

As some of you know, I am a huge Tudor fan. Of course, my collection would not be complete without a Monte Carlo in it. When DW came out with the 7032 case set I decided to go for it. I found a 7734 that was in horrible shape (and missing many pieces) but it had a stunning date wheel on it. I also found a nice little Zodiac watch with a 7733. I sent those movements up to the great north to the master for a complete rebuild and service. Additionally, he re-lumed the DW dial & hands with the vintage tritium mix. I must say - it looks pretty darn nice :D

Here's some pics so far:

b16dab5f.jpg

441b276d.jpg

59d4e3fd.jpg

9fa5adfd.jpg

42d9e225.jpg

5d55cd29.jpg

I have a 7836 bracelet from Mary, but I am missing the 358 endlinks so I will have to wait on those.

I am going to age the case I think as well as lightly brush the bezel for that "gen like" look.

Unfortunately, I was unable to find all of the parts I needed to do the 45 minute conversion, but since I am not a big user of chrono's, I think it will be fine for now.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, someone pls help me understand how the JMB case aging trick works. What are the filings?

It's an assortment of metal shavings and bits from a lathe. It's a variety of brass, hardened steel, stainless steel and aluminum. When shaken in the case, it takes away some of that new shine and scratches up the case quite nicely :D

I also used it on the crystal. I put a protective sticker on the underneath side and then shook it in the shavings jar :D Looks just perfectly aged :thumbsupsmileyanim:

It's an assortment of metal shavings and bits from a lathe. It's a variety of brass, hardened steel, stainless steel and aluminum. When shaken in the case, it takes away some of that new shine and scratches up the case quite nicely :D

I also used it on the crystal. I put a protective sticker on the underneath side and then shook it in the shavings jar :D Looks just perfectly aged :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Are you looking to age the inner bezel also.

:pimp:

Inner bezel? You mean the markings on the dial? No I don't think so. I just like the aged tritium look, but I do want the dial to look someone decent (like it was well protected under that acrylic crystal)

Still need some mounting screws for the movement. Does anyone know what size screws the 7734 takes and where I might find a couple?