When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

APROO Safari or Diver?

PPN

Help me out, boys. I'm on the fence between the two models as they are both amazing, good reps, and look great. I know they are different styles, and I'll probably end up having both, but I'm trying to decide which to get first.

Anyone have either one, both, or just want to voice your opinion? Let's hear it! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I'm wearing my diver for the last several days. It's not bad. I think for better reliability, get the diver with SW200 movt. I would get the Safari later.

Yeah, I've heard that the sec@12 puts a lot of strain on the 7750 movement and that it is the most likely cause of failure down the road. Not sure how much truth there is to this, but is it something to worry about?

Safari all the way. Chronograph looks nice IMO. Just ordered mine. Will share some pics when I get it.

Sweet, congratulations. I'm looking forward to your pics.

If you have the cash to buy a nice hornback strap, then get the safari

Everyone keeps saying this. What's wrong with the hornback straps that come with the Safari?

Like you mentioned, they're both different styles. But i would get the safari first. There are other nicer dive watches, imo. So if i change my mind halfway through...

I don't think I know of another diver that has the bezel rotating on the inside. And plus, I think this rep is actually WR rated, right?

They are very different watches. I personally would get both. But if you only want to get one, I would say the Diver. The diver is more versatile and can be worn daily if you wish. The safari is a more.. occasion-based kind of watch. Your call, but both are excellent choices! Thing about the safari though is that you might want to invest a little more in getting a HKtan/AP bands (or even an OEM) hornback strap and it will complete the package. The diver is fine with the rubber

They are very different watches. I personally would get both. But if you only want to get one, I would say the Diver. The diver is more versatile and can be worn daily if you wish. The safari is a more.. occasion-based kind of watch. Your call, but both are excellent choices! Thing about the safari though is that you might want to invest a little more in getting a HKtan/AP bands (or even an OEM) hornback strap and it will complete the package. The diver is fine with the rubber

Seriously, are the straps that come with the Safari rep really that bad?