When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Can anyone help?

Mbren30

Hi all,

I'm new to replica watches, bought my first one this week from a member sales section on another rep forum (I didn't know about this place at the time!)

I got the tag heuer aquaracer chronograph. I have been told it has the valjoux 7750 movement and was bought from a trusted dealer. The seller stated that he ordered the watch but received the genuine version for his birthday, hence the reason for selling the rep.

I received the watch today and it appears to be dead on arrival. I have tried winding it and shaking it but no luck, the seconds hand do not move, they are however in a different position than in his photos which tends to suggest it was working when he listed it for sale.

Any ideas of things to try to get it working? Anyone know anyone in the uk that could service/repair the movement?

Look forward to hearing any suggestions, it is a stunningly good looking watch and i would like to get it working.

Thanks guys

Contact the seller and tell him the watch was DOA. What type of feedback does this member have and how long was he a member of the site? Try to get the seller to either take the watch back or at least split the cost of the repair with you. If he is not able to work with you then contact a mod on that site. Do not just accept the fact that someone sent you a watch that is broken.

Hi guys,

Thought I'd post an update to this.

The seller was doing his best to try to help with this, suggesting things to try etc but nothing was working.

Anyway earlier today out of both stupidity and intrigue I decided to open up the back of the watch to see if I could notice anything obviously broken. While I was admiring the movement (only ever had cheap quartz or digital before) I noticed a screw hole with a missing screw at the edge of the case. There were 3 in total around edge but one was missing. My initial thought was shoddy workmanship and assumed it was never there in the first place. As I was poking around i saw the said screw stuck down near to the balance wheel. I manipulated the watch and used a tiny screwdriver to pop the screw out and hey presto the watch sprung to life.

Now I just need to size the bracelet and I can wear it. Really pleased about this and my first experience in the world of rep watches has become a positive one. :drinks:

Result!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

It was!

Loving the watch, had loads of people comment on it and not one person has had any clue that it wasn't genuine. I had one person call me a liar when I told him. Reckoned I was just trying not to look like a posh git that had just spent £2k on a watch! If I ever come to sell it I may go knocking on his door :whistling: