When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dealer availability of Ultimate SO Steelfish?

chiman12

to my knowledge, they are not selling the best model...as you know, the term "ultimate" is subjective...

the best models are actual hybrids...there are definitely combos of builds based on assembling various components...i know this first hand - after "study" and after many different purchases...

the early fish had gen eta movements with eta date wheels...some of the versions with breitling date font have eta clone movements...the dials vary a lot too...typically the earlier models had better dials...

the cases vary, too...the better cases have more pronounced "flats" on the crown guards...and better profile where the bezel and case overlap...

lastly, some have crystals that extend slightly higher above the bezel...which is wrong...

based on my experience, the best franken is a combination of the original v1 versions and the latter versions with better breitling date font date wheel...

my franken has a combination of the better case, xtal, eta movement with rep breitling dw, gen dial and rep hands (being relumed)...

long and short - probably not an "ultimate" in the wild - and the best is typically a combination of builds...

ingredients:

1. crown guard with well-pronouced flats on the crown guard; sharp edges and less rounded, all in all...

2. xtal that is flush with bezel; clear double ar

3. earliest version of dials; better detail

4. eta movement (this varies between some models that have 2824 and 2836 - but the key is gen and not clone...

5. breitling date font date wheel and not eta date wheel...

hope all this rambling helps...

R-