When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hello from Singapore

Legend

Hello to all members, moderators and veterans of RWG.

I am a newbie to this forum, but no noob to replica watches. It took me quite a while to find an online community

dedicated to the discussion and interest-sharing of replica watches, but here I am, and looking through the various threads, I think I am happy to call this place home, if I am welcome to do so.

I have a rather unique induction into the world of replica watches. First off, I own about 20 pieces of genuine watches today, some of the more interesting watches in my collection includes the Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore T3, the IWC pilot's watch top gun double chronograph, an Hublot big bang tourbillon inherited from my father, and my personal favorite, the Panerai Luminor Marina Firenze (PAM 224 I think).

The reason I first started buying (and later started collecting) replica watches is because I got robbed in Bangkok at knife point in 2002, and the robber relieved me of my Rolex GMT, along with my entire wallet. The experience left me very angry, and my travelling companion suggested in a joking manner, after the incident, that I should perhaps start looking at replica watches to "lessen the pain in event of future robberies". I looked at him then, and could not decide between choking him till his eyeballs pop, or heeding his advice seriously. I decided upon the latter, and started making enquiries on where to find "quality replicas" in the country. Hence began my journey into the world which most of you are already comfortably acquainted with, and one I would grow to dwell deeper into over the years.

My first replica was a rolex GMT, to replace the robbed one. It was well made, and after about 9 yrs, it is amazingly still working well, although physically, age has taken its toll on the faithful watch. I began to explore other replica makes, and models, and got addicted. To me, a watch is a watch. Be it genuine or replica, it is up to the wearer primarily to decide the worth of the watch, and its value. As long as he/she does not hurt anyone in the process of wearing it, I would say that choosing to wear a replica is a personal business of the owner. Of course, there is always the broader consideration of intellectual property theft, the ethics of pirating etc but if one chooses a replica watch because he/she could not afford the authentic version but loves the design, I do not see anything wrong with him going for a replica. Its a very personal choice.

I started dabbling in replica watches, and must have blown at least $10,000 on trash products, before learning what to buy, whom to trust, and how to interpret the various terminologies used in the various adverts. There have been so much to learn, regarding the movements, the materials, the designs and the prices of the replicas in the market today. Today, I have a decent collection of replica watches, along my genuine ones. I view each of them as an individual unique piece, and do not segregate them based on whether they are genuine or replica units. The watches have accompanied me for all types of events and situations, and I never once worry about scrutiny of the replica watches when I wear them, or whether they differ from the genuine watches in this way or that. To me, I bought each watch because they are visually pleasing to me, or because of some unique design or feature, and I wear them for myself. Occasionally, I do get compliments on my replica watches and asked how much I paid for it. My reply would always be "less than what you think, and more than what I should". :)

I am glad to have found this lovely community, and I hope to become part of it. There is much to learn and many people to learn it from. My knowledge and experiences comes mostly from the School of hard knocks, if only I had found RWG earlier lol.

So, hello everyone, and I am pleased to get acquainted with you. :)

Thanks for giving us some background on your past experences,from what I can see you will be a valuable memeber here.:) Your Introduction was thoughtful as was It Intelligent. Sounds like you have a very Impressive collection,looking foward to getting to know you better. RWG Imho Is the best horology community around,gen or rep. Welcome home :drinks: Mike

Thanks for giving us some background on your past experences,from what I can see you will be a valuable memeber here.:) Your Introduction was thoughtful as was It Intelligent. Sounds like you have a very Impressive collection,looking foward to getting to know you better. RWG Imho Is the best horology community around,gen or rep. Welcome home :drinks: Mike

Dear Mike

Thank you for giving me the first welcome reply, and I think there is more for me to learn, than there is for me to contribute.

Your kindness is very much appreciated.

Regards

LK

Welcome "legendkiller", v. nice to see a fellow "Dengue Dot" collector, and such an erudite one as well. I am relatively new on the forum but have already learnt a heckuvva lot from the bro's here.

Just left S'pore on 9/9/11 after 3 weeks of "makan" (food) heaven. (Gotta behave on this forum and not break into Singlish, lah!). Thank goodness Singapore is SO much safer than Thailand, I have heard that women carrying expensive handbags have had their hands/arms slashed and handbags stolen by thieves riding bicycles in Pattaya. BTW, is the humidity in Singapore a factor to consider when storing your collection? How do you handle storage in high heat and humidity, esp. for the mechanical/automatic movements? Cheers and welcome again, hope to read more of your postings going forward!

Welcome "legendkiller", v. nice to see a fellow "Dengue Dot" collector, and such an erudite one as well. I am relatively new on the forum but have already learnt a heckuvva lot from the bro's here.

Just left S'pore on 9/9/11 after 3 weeks of "makan" (food) heaven. (Gotta behave on this forum and not break into Singlish, lah!). Thank goodness Singapore is SO much safer than Thailand, I have heard that women carrying expensive handbags have had their hands/arms slashed and handbags stolen by thieves riding bicycles in Pattaya. BTW, is the humidity in Singapore a factor to consider when storing your collection? How do you handle storage in high heat and humidity, esp. for the mechanical/automatic movements? Cheers and welcome again, hope to read more of your postings going forward!

Dear Valjoux7750

Thank you for your post, and though I am from Singapore, I do not use Singlish at all, not because I have anything against it, but probably because I spend majority of my time working abroad.

The humidity and temperature of Singapore does not (knock on wood) pose a problem to the watches storage so far. I store them in my room, on winders and watch cabinets. I do send them for servicing once a year though (both gens and reps), just to keep them running good. As I mentioned earlier, to me, every watch is a time telling marvel, and every timepiece holds a special meaning for me.

On a side note, I am thankful that Singapore is a safehaven for its citizens and visitors both, and you could walk out with an expensive watch on your wrist and return with both the watch and wrist intact. :)

I do not deserve to be termed an erudite, as there is yet so much for me to learn and it seems I can never reach the bottom of the knowledge pile no matter how much I read lol.

Thank you for your kindness and your response.

You know you wish you were part of the posse :)

Tell ya what F, you can be an honorary member of the posse!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim: Yeahhhhhhhhhh.......It would be such an Honor! I guess I have to attend one of the ghetto meetups one of this days! :drinks: :drinks: :drinks:

Guest lundun98

Dear Sir!

My name is Emily , and I’m a replica watch dealer, my website is:

www.watch52.com

I can introduce you the collection of replicas of the most popular brands – Panerai, Rolex, Omega, Hublot, Audemars Piguet, Patek Phillipe, and many, many more. I, personally, buy watches from a few of the best factories in Guangzhou area, and I provide meticulous quality control of every watch before shipping. These replicas equipped with many different kinds of movements – genuine Swiss ETA 2824 and 2836 (and Asian clones of these movements, that’s practically, the same quality as genuine), Swiss Sellita 200-1, Asian copies of Valjoux 7750 and 7753, Swiss Unitas 6497 and it’s Asian clone, wonderful clone of Venus 175 – Seagull ST-19, DG2813 movements, and many, many more.

I have a few grades of replicas – some are quite cheap, but it doesn’t mean it’s bad quality – it’s good watches for the money.

Most of them equipped with Asian DG2813 movements, some with Japanese quartz OS series movements.

I also have top class replicas, with excellent reproduction of every detail, best movements, bracelets, and perfect finish.

All chrono models are equipped or with automatic A7750 movements, or with handwound Venus 175 movements.

I also have variety of Ladies watches – Chanel, BVLGARI, Rolex, Chopard, and many more.

I would like to offer you try any of these watches, and I’m sure – you’ll love it. In case you’ll not like it – I guarantee the full refund of your money. As an independent dealer, I’m trying my best to be absolutely honest with every of my customers, and to earn their trust. I’m absolutely sure you’ll love my watches, and I’ll do all the best to find any model by your request.

Sincerely Yours – Emily

we accept Paypal .

Contact with me please , let's talk details.

Tks & br,

Emily

Tel: 02038671760

Fax: 02038671760

MSN : watch52@live.cn , emily.watch52@hotmail.com

Email : watches52@gmail.com emily.watch52@hotmail.com

Web : www.watch52.com

Dear Sir!

My name is Emily , and I’m a replica watch dealer, my website is:

www.watch52.com

I can introduce you the collection of replicas of the most popular brands – Panerai, Rolex, Omega, Hublot, Audemars Piguet, Patek Phillipe, and many, many more. I, personally, buy watches from a few of the best factories in Guangzhou area, and I provide meticulous quality control of every watch before shipping. These replicas equipped with many different kinds of movements – genuine Swiss ETA 2824 and 2836 (and Asian clones of these movements, that’s practically, the same quality as genuine), Swiss Sellita 200-1, Asian copies of Valjoux 7750 and 7753, Swiss Unitas 6497 and it’s Asian clone, wonderful clone of Venus 175 – Seagull ST-19, DG2813 movements, and many, many more.

I have a few grades of replicas – some are quite cheap, but it doesn’t mean it’s bad quality – it’s good watches for the money.

Most of them equipped with Asian DG2813 movements, some with Japanese quartz OS series movements.

I also have top class replicas, with excellent reproduction of every detail, best movements, bracelets, and perfect finish.

All chrono models are equipped or with automatic A7750 movements, or with handwound Venus 175 movements.

I also have variety of Ladies watches – Chanel, BVLGARI, Rolex, Chopard, and many more.

I would like to offer you try any of these watches, and I’m sure – you’ll love it. In case you’ll not like it – I guarantee the full refund of your money. As an independent dealer, I’m trying my best to be absolutely honest with every of my customers, and to earn their trust. I’m absolutely sure you’ll love my watches, and I’ll do all the best to find any model by your request.

Sincerely Yours – Emily

we accept Paypal .

Contact with me please , let's talk details.

Tks & br,

Emily

Tel: 02038671760

Fax: 02038671760

MSN : watch52@live.cn , emily.watch52@hotmail.com

Email : watches52@gmail.com emily.watch52@hotmail.com

Web : www.watch52.com

• 3 months later...