When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Friendship... I has it

w0lf

Hai :)

So, as I'm going through my typical Friday afternoon one thing is different, actually, make that several things..Well, for one instead of my usual Panerais I have this thing on my wrist and I'm in love :wub:

post-11419-0-65206800-1315601803.jpg

...but more importantly I've successfully creeped out a bunch of coworkers who like to gawk at others' monitors while wandering aimlessly around the office in hopes of striking up a Friday afternoon conversation or perhaps bother me with their last minute "pressing issues". They don't understand why I'm so amused by AIX shells, sqlwbs and EMs on my screen. For sure they were expecting to see some nudes or youtube to go with my grinning...

Reason I'm happy is simple, I made great friends on this and other forums whose company I enjoy immensely, and consider it a privilege to have an open door for advice and friendly banter with them. But what does that have to do with the watch in the hazy picture you may ask? Well this, my friends, is one of several presents I got recently. At one point or another I was talking to Watchmeister about some of my less than stellar experiences with China PT/PC 1665s that I was building up with slightly better rep parts and eventually gave up on improving.. So rather than an understanding "aha, yeah.. umm, well that sucks", W. just went and mailed me his old-case MBW1665 w/ gen T39 superdome, crown/tube and a zig relume, one that's in the pic! Yeah, so my jaw dropped when I got that but wait, not before I get several surprise packages from Ubi with parts that I'm just afraid to touch, some still in blister packs :sweatdrop: He uses animal stickers for return address on his packages so I got a giraffe and a hippo :) Man it was all kind of surreal and unexpected, not to mention exciting! But as long as I'm remembering all the awesomeness, I have to mention a small trade with a supremely delightful PeteM, about a month ago when he icluded a very rare and excellent PAM catalogue from Japan together with the crown he was sending.. And this inot all, NakorTheBlue just sent me his Yuki bracelet after I posted asking for info on bracelets. I mean how much luck can srsly one person have?

So is this one of those sappy :group: posts...you bet! I want to thank you guys for being awesome, super generous with your time and goodies, and hopefully give a small glimpse to new members and remind some veterans what this scene is all about. Ohh, and I have something special in store for you guys as well ;)

Have a great weekend everyone :drinks:

Look what I found in an envelope in my mailbox today..

A real-live-gen 702 with tube! The kindness here is overwhelming when you really think about it

Thanks ubi for all the knowledge and generousity of parts and things!

Thanks Jmb for all your wisdom and expert skills!

Thanks to all of you for sharing all the watches, stories, and tips! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

6941010d.jpg

Well deserved M. YOu give a lot to the community and actions like this speak to the character of the place victory.gif

I agree, DL. w0lf is one of the most generous guys I know. Well deserved indeed!

Look what I found in an envelope in my mailbox today..

A real-live-gen 702 with tube! The kindness here is overwhelming when you really think about it

Thanks ubi for all the knowledge and generousity of parts and things!

Thanks Jmb for all your wisdom and expert skills!

Thanks to all of you for sharing all the watches, stories, and tips! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

R- Glad to know that the crown and tube arrived safe and sound!

Hai smile.gif

So, as I'm going through my typical Friday afternoon one thing is different, actually, make that several things..Well, for one instead of my usual Panerais I have this thing on my wrist and I'm in love wub.gif

post-11419-0-65206800-1315601803.jpg

...but more importantly I've successfully creeped out a bunch of coworkers who like to gawk at others' monitors while wandering aimlessly around the office in hopes of striking up a Friday afternoon conversation or perhaps bother me with their last minute "pressing issues". They don't understand why I'm so amused by AIX shells, sqlwbs and EMs on my screen. For sure they were expecting to see some nudes or youtube to go with my grinning...

Reason I'm happy is simple, I made great friends on this and other forums whose company I enjoy immensely, and consider it a privilege to have an open door for advice and friendly banter with them. But what does that have to do with the watch in the hazy picture you may ask? Well this, my friends, is one of several presents I got recently. At one point or another I was talking to Watchmeister about some of my less than stellar experiences with China PT/PC 1665s that I was building up with slightly better rep parts and eventually gave up on improving.. So rather than an understanding "aha, yeah.. umm, well that sucks", W. just went and mailed me his old-case MBW1665 w/ gen T39 superdome, crown/tube and a zig relume, one that's in the pic! Yeah, so my jaw dropped when I got that but wait, not before I get several surprise packages from Ubi with parts that I'm just afraid to touch, some still in blister packs sweatdrop.gif He uses animal stickers for return address on his packages so I got a giraffe and a hippo smile.gif Man it was all kind of surreal and unexpected, not to mention exciting! But as long as I'm remembering all the awesomeness, I have to mention a small trade with a supremely delightful PeteM, about a month ago when he icluded a very rare and excellent PAM catalogue from Japan together with the crown he was sending.. And this inot all, NakorTheBlue just sent me his Yuki bracelet after I posted asking for info on bracelets. I mean how much luck can srsly one person have?

So is this one of those sappy group.gif posts...you bet! I want to thank you guys for being awesome, super generous with your time and goodies, and hopefully give a small glimpse to new members and remind some veterans what this scene is all about. Ohh, and I have something special in store for you guys as well wink.gif

Have a great weekend everyone drinks.gif

I am right there with you Randy...I am blessed to have met a few friends here that are very patient with me and WIS'ness and anxiousnes....you guys know who you are....THANK YOU MUCHO.

Rob