When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Welcome Back :)

Admin

Phew...it took a lot longer than I had thought, but we are finally online again wink.png

As you can see, there are some rather big changes and to be honest, I'm not even sure where to begin to tell you about what is new here wink.png

Well, I can start with one essential thing. We are back to our old forum URL: http://www.rwg.cc, so feel free to update your bookmarks. But don't worry. You will still get here if you enter www.rwgforum.com, but if you have any direct links to posts, you might have some trouble.

First of all, the forum software has been updated to the latest and greatest version. But that's just the start. Let me right away introduce the change I am most exited about;

Classifieds

As of today, the old "sales" forums are closed for new posts and we will actively start using the classifieds section. Old ads are still there and people can reply to these, but nobody will be able to make new posts in these areas.

From now on we will have a dedicated area where you can post your items for sale and I will need your help to develop and customize this section further than what I have already done (I am refering to the "Options", "Shipping options". etc. What should we add here?

Anyway, the best way is to test this out for yourselves. Head on over to the Test sales-section and try posting a new ad: http://www.rwg.cc/cl...ort_order__desc

Oh, and all members will be able to post ads for free the first month. Just use coupon code "adfree"

Feedback

The feedback system has been updated and should now work flawlessly. This will be integrated into the classifieds section.

I am sure many of you are on Facebook and have "liked" many posts made by your friends there. Well, now you can like posts here on RWG also and you can start by liking this one by clicking the little button down in the right corner wink.png

Forum Ca$h

A little something we've had before, but I will have to get back to you with an update when this is ready for use, as I haven't been able to fully configure it yet, but basically it is something that will give our members points (forum cash) for their activity here and these points (forum cash) can at a later stage be invested, donated, you can purchase something for it, etc. More info will be posted later.

Review section

More info will be posted at a later stage, when this areas is ready. Not sure yet, but I think we will use it both to post dealer reviews and watch reviews.

Donations

The donations module has been upgraded and polished. Feel free to try it. You should see it in the sidebar or you can go here: http://www.rwg.cc/donate

RWG on your mobile

You can already use TapaTalk to access RWG on your mobile (iPhone, Android, Blackberry) and you can download the app here: http://www.tapatalk.com/mobile.php

We have now also added support for Forumrunner, which is another great app to access forums on the go. Forumrunner features free push-messages to both iPhone and Android and this is not a feature Tapatalk has yet. Search for Forumrunner either in the App Store or Android Market. Last, but not least, let us not forget the great mobile skin we have. Just use the browser on your mobile and go to http://m.rwg.cc

X World

Not going to spend to much time on this. Let's just say that it's a place for the boys to hang out and enjoy the scenery wink.png Up to you if you just want to watch or if you also want to contribute.

Take advantage of a 1 month free-pass to this section. Go to the RWG Store and add some X to your profile: http://www.rwg.cc/st...t/20-x-member/. Use coupon code "x-off"

Remember to hit "I have a coupon to use" and enter your coupon before you check out

Oh, by the way; we need a moderator for this area, so if you feel that you can contribute in this area and can moderate members contributions, send me a PM with a short description of you, your forum experience and why you should be the moderator.

Let me just end this by asking you guys to do the following;

1. Check that your avatar/photo is correct. If not, upload a new one

2. Check that your signature is correct and edit, as necessary.

Also, if you have not done this, this might be a good time to update your profile with your age, location, local time (The local time will show in your posts, so that people know if you are about to go to bed or just got up wink.png) etc. Always good to get to know you a little bit better.

Finally, let me just say that this has been a massive upgrade and I have added tons of new buttons for our crew members to pus also. As usual, there will be people who doesn't like what they see and how things work, but after having done this for some time, i also know that usually everybody gets used to the new features, new design, etc. and end up liking it. So please don't start right away with the complaints. Give it a couple of weeks and get back to me then wink.png

There are bound to be things that doesn't work so please PM me or shoot me an e-mail (admin@rwg.cc) if you find stuff that doesn't work. I can right now say that the advanced uploader is not working very well for me in the version I am running of Firefox, but it is wokring without a hitch in IE 9 (Havn't tried it on Chrome, so feel free to let me know if it works or not). So if you are having a hard time uploading attachments, try another browser or use the basic uploader.

This also goes if you discover something else that doesn't work. First, try deleting all your temporary internet files and cookies and then try again. If it still doesn't work, try another browser and if it still doesn't work, let me know.

Well, I think that's about it for now. Have a look around, play with the new buttons and switches and feel free to share your initial thougths.

Oh, and if you want to grab a free VIP membership, you can do that also. Yep, I'm feeling mighty generous tonight, so I am giving away free VIP memberships. Just go to the store, add a 1 month VIP membership to your cart and when you go to check out, use coupon code "freevip" wink.png Lot more fun to surf the forum without the ads wink.png And if you still want to contribute, feel free to add your donation in the toolbare to the right or go to http://www.rwg.cc/donate.

• Like 9

Thank you, boyz.

One more thing, that might be a problem: The payments for the VIP/Platinum memberships that already exists. I am not sure how the URL-change will impact this, but I ahve set up URL forwarding from the old URL, so things should, at least in theory, work. But I guess the next couple of days will show if they do. If you have any problems with your membership, contact me, and we will sort it out.

And again; check your avatars/photos/signature for problems.

Ditto on the member status but other than that it seems pretty good. Nice and quick.

Thanks for all the hard work admin.

:)

Oh, there are two other issues i've noticed. Disapearing cursur while typing and text box allignment for replies. I'm using FF 6.0.2. The text box is larger than the page and even though there's handles to resize it cannot be resized down to fit (this is 26in monitor 0_o)

Here's a pic of the tex box problem:

textbox-problem.jpg

The other problem is impossible to post a a pic of. Say you make a typo or want to change a word... If you move the the cursor from where you're currently typing to somewhere else in your repy - it cannot be seen. Essentially, you have to delete the whole comment back to where you want to make the edit. The problem is intermittent.

Here's a pic of the tex box problem:

textbox-problem.jpg

The other problem is impossible to post a a pic of. Say you make a typo or want to change a word... If you move the the cursor from where you're currently typing to somewhere else in your repy - it cannot be seen. Essentially, you have to delete the whole comment back to where you want to make the edit. The problem is intermittent.

Hmm...Seems I am unable to reproduce th problem on FF 6.0.2. I would suggest that you hit ctrl-shift-del in Firefox, Set "Everything" as range and then select cookies and cache and hit OK.Restart FF and let me know how it goes.

What happened to "Member Since....."????? I like to identify vets and noobs not only based on their post count!

I'll add that to my 2-do list ;)

This is a small issue, but I just uploaded a replacement avatar (old avatar was missing), but the animation is not working.

It looks like others' avatars are missing as well (your avatar may appear as a small vertical line). So, unless I am missing something, I think members may need need to upload avatar pics again to your profile to make them viewable in the forums. Again, animations within gif avatars does not seem to be functioning.